What's the first thing you're gonna do with your iPhone 5 once you have it?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Rafagon, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

As for me, I'm gonna launch the speedtest.net app, run a test to see the LTE download speed, take a snapshop of the result (and print it out and frame it), then I'll start a thread for similar snapshots from fellow eiC members. Then, I'll immediately set LTE to off and stick with AT&T's faux-4G (HSPA+). I'm not giving AT&T another red cent for a higher data plan that isn't even permissive enough to allow FaceTime unless I get on a shared data plan. And if I'm out and about in an area devoid of Wi-Fi, and discover than an upgrade to Angry Birds suddenly becomes available, I think I can survive until I get home to my trusty Wi-Fi. Might make the Angry Birds angrier still, but I don't care...

2. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Um...you know you'll be paying the same amount for LTE or HSPA+, right?

3. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

I'm gonna hold it tight in my arms and love it, squeeze it, LOL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Very true, but I'll be consuming data much faster! I don't want to get accustomed to the LTE speeds, 'cause I'll probably use up my allotment in the first 5 days of the billing cycle!

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Well I got to switch lines so I guess run to the AT&T store and see if they can fit me in ?

6. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I stopped playing games a year ago, but i'm getting that Real Racing 3 as soon as it drops. I will download a few of my apps I always use. But i'm keeping this phone clean and only downloading/syncing things that I need.
    I'm not going to restore from back up obviously.

Edit, First, I will cut my current micro sim, or go to AT&T and get a Nano sim in my phone number.
    then read something in the web browser to see the extra screen size. Then play with the Maps.

7. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I am going to video me smashing the crap out of the pos htc droid phone I have been using. I foolishly (go ahead and pile it on because I deserve it) switched from a 3g to a droid rather than the 4 but I wanted to see if the grass was greener and you know what?...it sure wasn't. Ahhh, feel better now that I know in a few short days I will be back in the iPhone family.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Play play play
    Gotta talk to Siri so she get' used to my accent
    Do you think we can go and get a nanosim ahead of time ?

9. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I suppose that could be true. However, I don't see myself using my iPhone all that differently than I do now. I'll just do it faster! :)

10. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

me im gonna visit Samsung.com and laugh at there products except the tv's there a beast lol

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm definitely going to do some playing... Can you believe that something as simple Scramble With Friends hiccups quite noticeably on my 3GS ?

Incidentally, notice that Siri is still labeled Beta -- http://www.apple.com/ios/Siri/

Shouldn't she be fluent at least in English by now? Maybe the "Beta" designation is because she's learning all these new langauges...

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Uh, Mmmm....play on the internets?

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

14. parmacrafter

parmacrafter Member
    Bronze

I spent the last several days cleaning out all of my iPhone 4S (also iTunes) apps to just the ones I need/use so that I can sync the new iPhone without too much clutter. Can't wait to play.

15. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Probably try out the panoramic photo. It'll probably take a bit till I get to that point because I'll be soo awestruck by it's beauty.

16. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Put a screen protector on it. Already got mine in. Lol.

17. Muckcityjustin

Gold

call sprint and transfer it to my number.. then surf the web at the speed of light!

18. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I never upgraded to the 4S so Siri will be my first go to also, although I don't have an accent to test it out on unless I try out my mom's Italian accent, lol.

19. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Well since I'm off (PTO), and haven't held an iPhone in awhile, I'm going to go through every setting and get my feel back. Then I'll play with the native apps.

After I've gotten my feel, I'm going to ask Siri if I should go to work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

20. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I respect that, but I still don't get why you wouldn't use the LTE. Like someone else mentioned, you're already paying for it.

Don't make me go into my rant about unlimited users who complain about switching to a tiered plan... ;)