What's the last product that had you this excited?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Okay, we've got roughly 8 days to kill, so I figured this would be an interesting topic. What was the last product that got you this excited? It can be anything... a PS3, a new that was being released, anything. How does that compare with your excitement level surrounding the iPhone?

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Well Chris for me it was the xbox 360 and the playstation portable. Also I followed the release of windows Vista. But neither one had me as exited as now. I've been following and playing to buy the rumored touchscreen video ipod for 2 years little did i know it would be the iPhone! Since the keynote a day has'nt gone by that I have'nt thought about what it's going to be like to have the iPhone in my hand. 8 more days........I can't wait!

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
TREO 600. Granted I did not camp and bought it months after release. But when my insurance$$$$(excitement) came in the mail. I raced to cingular store and paid 399.99 for that BRAND NEW TREO 600. Not the 650,...not the 700. The first Treo. Ebay sells Tre0 600 if at all for like barely 200 now. Still...id pay 399 again and again.
Gadjetry rules. I am MORE excited about iPhone because Im getting it day of.

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I don't know if I have been this interested in another product but i would say the Wii. So I have not had much of a break in the last 6 months :p

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Okay, we've got roughly 8 days to kill, so I figured this would be an interesting topic. What was the last product that got you this excited? It can be anything... a PS3, a new that was being released, anything. How does that compare with your excitement level surrounding the iPhone?

I think it was the super nintendo..... those were the days...then again.... I was like 10 or 11.......:p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
As a windows user, I was pretty excited about Vista in January. I bought it on the first day it was released too.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Palm Pilot, (yeah, I know, dating myself again, damn I'm old) Although I'll admit I didn't get excited about it when it first came out but when I held it in my hand I could instantly envision what it could be. Palm had a chance to be where iPhone is today five years ago. To bad they screwed it up.

Other than that it would be my car. It is a limited edition and I ordered it three months in advance sight unseen without a test drive. It now has a 150K miles, and I still get excited looking at it every day.

- SR

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Been a very long time for me. I have become seriously jaded with disappointment over the years.

Last time I was probably this excited before I got a new product though, was in 1999 and my first 14 hour TiVo which was only like $800.00

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
As a windows user, I was pretty excited about Vista in January. I bought it on the first day it was released too.
oooo Vista...cant believe I forgot about that. I guess I wasn't as worried about Vista selling out but that was a possibility at release too.

Jun 21, 2007
my gorgeous laptop... my first and second cellphones,... and well my 80gb ipod, the shuffle, and the ipod nano... and now the iPhone, i even dreamt about it,,, i had one and it was PERFECT!

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Well the PSP... but a few months after I got it someone stole it! And lastly was the Xbobx 360. I saved up and bought it, but then I realized I'd rather pay off the mercedes so I gave it back to the store on the LAST day it could be returned (you know the 30 day thing).. phewww..

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I was excited about buying Turntables the first time but even then I had to wait and save up.($300 per turntable(2) $250 for mixer) Back then I had a job that paid me every two weeks and It was TORTURE(caps suck) waiting to tuck away $60 to $100 bucks every two weeks from a $$600 or 700 dollar check. This may be the First Item that cost over $500 bucks that i was this amped about. If i had to wait every two weeks to save for the iPhone Id be better off waitng for iPhone#2

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Not sure if this what you had in mind (even though it is technically a product and is (wo)man-made) but the birth of my first child (A BOY!) due November 5th is just above the iPhone.

It's funny, but everynight when my wife and I lay down, I will mutter, "(insert number here) more days until the iPhone" and she will respond, "What about your unborn son? Are you counting the days on that?"

To which I smile and say, "First come...first served." :)

Mark

P.S. - Really waiting for the 2008 Infiniti QX56 as well...it comes out in August...first come, first served! :D

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
oooo Vista...cant believe I forgot about that. I guess I wasn't as worried about Vista selling out but that was a possibility at release too.
Well, I was really geeked about the sidebar and gadgets. They looks so much better on Vista than the ones that had been running on XP. Don't get me wrong. XP is still probably the best choice at this point. Vista still has some maturing to do before it will be as good as it should be.