What's the last product that had you this excited?

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I really couldn't wait till the bb8800 dropped, then the iPhone came and I cried and thought...man I almost bought a huge piece of junk. I have been waiting for this for years (3 to be exact!)

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
For me.. either getting my car or the Wii. I waited 7hrs for it and my buddy waited freaking 18 hrs for his.. I will be waiting...lets see..about 8 or 9 hrs for the iPhone.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well, I was really geeked about the sidebar and gadgets. They looks so much better on Vista than the ones that had been running on XP. Don't get me wrong. XP is still probably the best choice at this point. Vista still has some maturing to do before it will be as good as it should be.
I tried Vista, but it doesn't seem quite ready yet, at least for me. I tried XP with the Vista sidebar, but I prefer XP with the Desktop Sidebar.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Nothing really comes close in terms of overall length of the obsession and degree to which i am obsessed. I always told myself i would never camp out for anything...but the iPhone is different.

However, the distant second, third and fourth (in no particular order) in terms of obsession are:

- when i bought my new car (2006 VW passat)
- Xbox 360
- as a soccer fan last year's FC Barcelona jersey had me pretty hyped up, too.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I have never been as excited for anything as much as the iPhone. Christmas, yes, but that is totally different. =P
I think I feel about the same. This is going to be considered one of those historically revolutionary products. Nothing else can compare for me. I've been hearing rumblings of this device for over two years and the excitement has been building!

The next most excited I've been before was probably Mac OS X on March 24, 2001. Even though I had DP4, I had to find where to get it because it was so popular, make a bunch of calls, and drive to an obscure place that had a copy. Then I read the booklet over and over on the way home. Then I spent the next week doing nothing but setting up OS X and playing with it. This was all just a few days after major surgery.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
My 2002 Honda S2000.

I ordered it in April 2002, waited a GRUELING 4 months until it finally arrived in July 2002. I was not disappointed, the wait was worth every second. 5 years, 50,000 miles, two dozen autox events and several race track events later it's still looking and running like the first day of ownership.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
My 2002 Honda S2000.

I ordered it in April 2002, waited a GRUELING 4 months until it finally arrived in July 2002. I was not disappointed, the wait was worth every second. 5 years, 50,000 miles, two dozen autox events and several race track events later it's still looking and running like the first day of ownership.
Nice to see another Stook on the board! :cool:

I had a black '01 and my wife had a blue '03. Not very kid friendly so we ended up ditching them both. Such a fantastic car. I do miss it on certain days.

Mark

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
mine was the release of the intel core 2 duo (conroe arch.) last september... i injured the crap out of my knee that night, and then later, ZZF posted preprices of the processor at around $340, and then gouged them out to 399.99. sadly i also had to wait for a corresponding nvidia motherboard because all of my info was on a raid array using the nvidia chipset.

but honestly, i was SOO hyped about the conroe when it came out. after the iPhone dealy in january, i came more and more excited each week. but i never realized it was more than the conroe release :D

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
um nothing quite this time consuming (checking news hourly for updates), but the closest was the G4 laptop. i had a G4 tower at work and a G4 Cube at home. I was wanting something i could take my work with me, but couldnt fathom downgrading to the only Apple laptop at the time....the black G3. when it was announced, i got a freelance web gig within a few weeks, and used the prepayment to order my G4 titanium laptop. oh i was SO excited. however, i look back and it still has no comparison to this. ive been blabbing about this way before its announcement. yeah i was that dork reading any possible rumor and then when the jan conference came, i was on my computer hitting refresh every 30 sec....reading live notes off some mac site. oh what a dork am i....

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
um nothing quite this time consuming (checking news hourly for updates), but the closest was the G4 laptop. i had a G4 tower at work and a G4 Cube at home. I was wanting something i could take my work with me, but couldnt fathom downgrading to the only Apple laptop at the time....the black G3. when it was announced, i got a freelance web gig within a few weeks, and used the prepayment to order my G4 titanium laptop. oh i was SO excited. however, i look back and it still has no comparison to this. ive been blabbing about this way before its announcement. yeah i was that dork reading any possible rumor and then when the jan conference came, i was on my computer hitting refresh every 30 sec....reading live notes off some mac site. oh what a dork am i....
Agreed. I have some close comparisons. But nothing that I was looking up every few minutes/hours for. I can barely remember how I heard about the iPHONE...pretty sure it was way back when the keynote was posted on Apple.

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007
The last item that had me pumped was the Nike Air Jordan XI black and white colorway. I bought 3 pair of 9s the minute they opened up. I am sure whoever was a 9 came in after was pissed because I bought all 3 pair. WoW that was 10 years ago in high school . I am sad I don't have those shoes anymore deadstock. I could probably get 1k each for those shoes on Ebay.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
My Macbook pro, and my wii. But it still wasn't as bad as this.
^^thats all that comes to mind for me 2. i waited for months for the 2nd gen macbook pro's to come out. and i wasn't that hyped for my wii, but once i got it i loved it. :( 1 week 23 hours left i keep watching my iPhone countdown widget

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
The last thing that got me excited or close to this is Halo 3. I am still excited,but i won't be as excited until it's very close till realse.

Green Goggles

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Wow.... I would have to say it was the sixth generation Chevrolet Corvette.

Internet message boards were going crazy then just as they are now for the iPhone.

Of course, there was no way I could afford a new Corvette, but the anticipation to see just exactly what it would look like and how it would drive killed me!