What's the last product that had you this excited?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'd have to say my Treo 180 (which looks like a relic now). As a big Palm user, I was excited about the covergence of phone (using a StarTac at the time) with Palm device. Checking email and web on that monochrome "Star Trek" style communicator didn't disappoint. I'd also include the xBox 360, considering I was at CircuitCity at midnight on release day (and didn't get one until later).

-Chris

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo
Pong. I remember sitting around the 25" console TV with about 15 friends. All completely mesmerized. I've been a geek for a long time.

Oh... I bought a CD player when they rolled out in '79 too. I paid $1,000 for it.

DARKSPARTAN

Jun 19, 2007
how much did you get for your old 360? i thought about selling it to get the elite.... is it worth it? i think i will get it in the fall or early winter...
i sold it to him for 300. Its a launch console, so fairly old. Im giving him two white controlers, the wired headset(i have the wireless), my play and charge kit(one comes in the elite) the ethernet cable, and crackdown and call of duty 3 for 20 total. Im selling rainbow 6 and gears today to buy forza.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
My macbook pro.I remember telling my boss I was going to make the switch but had to wait for the intel chips. So I waited about a year to get it. And now the iPhone has had me in wait mode again. the suspense is killing me.;)
Isn't God your boss? (Jk jk... lol. =P)

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
yep, but I'm a children's Pastor and when I refer to my boss I am referencing my senior pastor:laugh2:

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Haha, yeah, I know. I was just kidding. It sounds like a fun job though. What denomination?
yeah it a great job. I can't imagine doing any thing else. I am also responsible for all the Graphic design for our bulletins, mail-outs, department logos etc. I am also the IT here at church I have been slowly switching all of our computers to macs we are a very "techie" church.

Oh and we are Assemblies of God

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Mine seems to be any videogame system since the original Playstation. I read way to much about it then spend a ridiculous amount of money on them. I'm one of those people that has to have the latest gadget so it's no surprise that I'm this excited about it.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
yeah it a great job. I can't imagine doing any thing else. I am also responsible for all the Graphic design for our bulletins, mail-outs, department logos etc. I am also the IT here at church I have been slowly switching all of our computers to macs we are a very "techie" church.

Oh and we are Assemblies of God
Koolie. I'm a Baptist kiddo myself. Or as my Dad would say "Fundamentalist by conviction, Baptist by practice."

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
the last kanye west CD that came out. i know that sounds kind of strage but I was pretty hyped for it since the first one was so good.

ash

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oklahoma
Lame...

Ok, this is a bit lame... but the last time I was this excited about a new product was probably when the Cabbage Patch dolls came out. I was probably 6 or 7 and that was all I wanted for Christmas. I think my dad had to wait in line forever and fight other crazed parents to get one for my sister and one for me! I would constantly discuss what color hair and eyes I wanted on my doll.

I just wanted to show that the iPhone has turned me back into an excited child!

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
The Titanic. Hee hee.

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I've been this excited over. Sure, there were gadgets that I really wanted and eventually purchased, but nothing that I was actually willing to get in line for hours ahead of time.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
great to see others of like faith, obsessing or shall i dare say coveting this object of our desires.;)
Sometimes there seems to be a fine line right next to coveting. My test is what would you do if it was taken away from you? Apply that to everything in your life and hopefully you are content. :)

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
F430 Ferrari..... that's in my garage!

In Red of course.

Perhaps that explains why I can be so picky about the iPhone.

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
great to see others of like faith, obsessing or shall i dare say coveting this object of our desires.;)
hhaha yeah some people i have talked to at my church thinks its crazy to spend that much on a phone hahaha but its just money and its something i want... its my hobby in a way getting new gadgets lol. as long as the iPhone doesn't get in the way of God im good.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
i get pretty excited everytime the new college football comes out. but i don't know if i have been this excited in a while. ive waited in line for every console to come out since the super nes. ive waited in line for every major title to come out for any console. but im on my phone the majority of everyday, so i think is probably the most anticipated item in my life so far...

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
hhaha yeah some people i have talked to at my church thinks its crazy to spend that much on a phone hahaha but its just money and its something i want... its my hobby in a way getting new gadgets lol. as long as the iPhone doesn't get in the way of God im good.
very well put. I am known as mr gadget around our church. I Think about the cost like this I give to missions projects, I tithe, and give to the poor. So I feel no guilt in spending 600 for the iPhone. oh and as far as the service fee the church covers that as part of my pay package.

And just like you said just don't let it get in the way of your relationship with God.:p