What's the latest on replacement batteries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bams50, Feb 24, 2015.

1. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

I know this has been discussed plenty, but was wondering what the latest wisdom is. My 4s is still in perfect condition after almost 4 years except for erratic battery life. I 'd love another 6+ for my business line to go with my personal one, but just can't afford it right now. So, I'm going to move the 4s to the business line for a year or so, but I wish the battery life was better.

I know in the past, some have said that they're not worth the effort; and of course, the Apple store would rather sell me a new phone. How are the latest replacements? Who has good ones? or are they all still not worth bothering?

I can live with mine if I have to. Mostly getting at all cold wipes it right out. Would just like to improve it short of buying a new phone for now. Thoughts?

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I always carry an external battery with me. It's cheaper. I got a mophie on nomorerack.com for real cheap, and I got a $10 off my order for just signing up to emails.

3. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Based on the lack of responses I'm guessing an external would be the best bet in my circumstances. Nobody has come forth to suggest a dependable replacement

4. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

6. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Not that I know of.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to technology. What I know about it is when I'm out and my phone's almost dead, it gives me more than enough to finish out the day.

7. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

To be a little clearer, I got no answers about replacement batteries, and didn't want to chance making things worse with a crap battery or possible damage. Also, I figured an external could be used with future phones. So I went off to look at them. The choices were overwhelming- all sizes, all price ranges. I got bored quickly, so I picked one that looked easy to carry, more than the base capacity (usually 5000 mAh), with multiple connectors, and bought. Thus far, it seems pretty amazing for the price.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The reason I asked is that sometimes eBay sellers will put a label on a battery that states a higher capacity than the unit actually has.