What's the most Comparable Device coming out, WITH all the features.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Based on what you've seen of the iPhone, what would you say is the most comparable device available on the market today. The Nokia slide in the fall is my guess.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
lol nothing compares to the iPhone

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I keep saying check out the Samsung Instinct due out June 20th

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
lol nothing compares to the iPhone
Wrong....its a matter of how they compare.
Pure feature option wise (especially after todays presentation), I'll say that the iPhone doesn't compare to a few others.
I'm talking video, camera quality, MMS, copy-paste, bluetooth, and on and on.
The question is : what emerging devices compare with regards to touchscreen sensitivity, screen size and simplicity of menus navigation. THAT is the rub....and there ARE. A few coming that might approximate it satisfactorily. Although I'll probably dumbdown my desires and get the iPhone, I'm definitely looking around until then.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Fail>Instinct

They made the instinct based on the v1 iPhone specs, just try and beat the v2!
-and like all sprint phones its gonna be a hyped up disapointment lol!

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
I believe the Blackberry Thunder will be the first device to give Apple a run for their money. I don't think RIM has released a dud in the last 6 or so years...they're #1 in Smartphones right now by far and continue to grow. Problem is, Thunder is on VZW.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I still believe that this one is truly the killer of iPhone killers:

iphone-killer.jpg

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It being on verizon means its gonna be cripled lol! So we wont ever see its full potential anyways lol!
Maybe not. Vodafone is putting heavy pressure on VZW to get its head out of its hinterlands. With the supposed open door policy, and the jump to LTE, VZW may yet become competitive again.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
It being on verizon means its gonna be cripled lol! So we wont ever see its full potential anyways lol!
unless you void your warranty by jailbreaking, you're not close to realizing your phone's potential, either.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
The Sprint Instinct looks pretty bad. Not impressive at all.

May 6, 2007
United States
There are many look-alikes on the market lately, but the HTC Touch looks to be a major competitor in other countries. It is not available in the U.S., though, which means that it likely cannot be as successful, as the United States are major markets for phones.