What's the return policy on Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RicK james, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

I really want to try out and play with a watch. I don't know anyone that has one so its all or nothing I guess. I don't want to go eBay route and save 50.00 but not be able to return it. Does The watch come with the normals 14 day return policy? Anyone have issues returning and getting money put back on a credit card?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a 14-day refund policy. Your refund should go very smoothly if you decide not to keep it. I've returned products to Apple before with no problems whatsoever. They put the money back on the card very fast.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've experienced up to a 30 day return on the Apple Watch. These were all online purchases. If prior to 14 days, you initiate a return, the window for full credit was 30 days. This isn't typical of an Apple product. My guess is that they want people who are purchasing the Apple Watch to get an extended period of time, hoping that during that window, they decide not to return it.

4. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

ok thanks guys. Im going to head to an apple store today and pick up the Sport 42mm.

5. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

So then, you have no intention to keep it – you just want to take a brand-new watch and make it used, then give it back to them just to satisfy an urge?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it's more that he's not 100% sure he'll like it enough to want to keep it, so he wants to make sure it can be returned. You have to try it to find out. I don't see anything wrong with that.

7. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

I never said I was planing on returning it for sure. For a purchase like this it's nice to have the ability to return it in case it doesn't work out. Hundreds of people have returned them because the watches weren't beneficial to them, not to "satisfy and urge"

8. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

And in the early days many people were ordering what was available just to have one to use until the one that actually wanted was shipping, and then returning the one that they never really wanted. I find that was worse.

9. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

Absolutely nothing wrong with OP's question. The watch is a niche device in the truest sense. I buy alot of devices and rarely return them yet on this one I made sure I clearly understood the terms of the return policy. There's no way you can know if the watch justifies the price you paid unless you put it through its paces for a good period of time. Playing with it in the Apple store only shows so much. You don't get a true grasp of how the convenience it provides will impact your day to day activities. It is a very expensive device and if you try it and don't see yourself getting enough use to justify the purchase it only makes sense to return it. I'm certain Apple knew up front there would be a high rate of return on this device. Personally, I really like it, and really like the potential it has. I love the black stainless version I got and think it looks very classy. Is it worth what I paid for it? Not in its current state. Its very useful, very fun, and leap years ahead of the android smartwatches I've used but not worth the cost in my opinion. Still, there's no way in heck I'm parting with mine.

10. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

i will be honest I have had it just over 24 hours and really enjoying it. No way I'm sending it back lol I just feel its nice to be able to have a "trial" like period for this type of technology. Like i said I'm like it, keeping it and can't wait for OS 2.0