What's the verdict screen shield or not?

TMass518

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
I'm trying to decide whether to put a screen shield on. I hear for the 3Gs Apple recommends not to. So what is everyone else doing?

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Bump........I'd like to know as well. I already put on a static protector. Did I mess up?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
No shield. Didn't have one on 3G either. However I do use a Vaja case that covers the screen. My 3G screen is still perfect......not even a tiny scratch.

QuE1999

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I'm not covering up this amazing screen. I refuse.. I'll just have to take my chances.

Teddyx

Jun 21, 2009
exactly the same i had the invisible sheild on my 3G but the new coating on it makes me not want to put one on this phone

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
exactly the same i had the invisible sheild on my 3G but the new coating on it makes me not want to put one on this phone

I would agree but I going to put on invisible shield to protect from scratches.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
I personally think the crystal shield does better than the new screen, so I put one on my new 3gs

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
I put the Crystal/Anti-Glare Film on and all seems to be fine at this time. I actually like the feel of it. I am also suing a incase slidder as well as my mophie juice for longer outings.

Azlum

Jun 20, 2009
I put a Crystal film on mine friday night and so far I'm very happy with it. I didn't want to cover up the screen but at the same time I can't bare the thought of it getting scratched.

The Crystal film isn't sticky, it is a static cling... thereforee I expect my oleophobic coating will be good as new when the newness of the phone wears off and I decide to pull the screen protector off.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Love this screen...really want to put a cover on it...but so far I'm leaving it naked like the day it was born...or made...or whatever...

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
No shield. Didn't have one on 3G either. However I do use a Vaja case that covers the screen. My 3G screen is still perfect......not even a tiny scratch.
Hey BrownGem,

I like the Vaja cases too. I had one of the iVolution cases and just ordered another one for my new 3GS. Which one do you have ?

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I put a Crystal film on mine friday night and so far I'm very happy with it. I didn't want to cover up the screen but at the same time I can't bare the thought of it getting scratched.

The Crystal film isn't sticky, it is a static cling... thereforee I expect my oleophobic coating will be good as new when the newness of the phone wears off and I decide to pull the screen protector off.
Hey Azlum,

I still have some Crystal screen covers left for my V1. Will they fit the new 3GS screen ? TIA. Cheers !

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
I put the Crystal/Anti-Glare Film on and all seems to be fine at this time. I actually like the feel of it. I am also suing a incase slidder as well as my mophie juice for longer outings.
Same here. I like the feel of the antiglare and I am paranoid about scratching the screen.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Powersupport anti-glare because in the reviews I saw prior to release I still saw plenty of fingerprint smudges plus if I happen to drop it etc. I know it will stay scratch free! Don't really like how it dulls the brilliance of the screen though, nothings perfect.

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
BodyGuardz is already covering my phone, front and back... It saved my 3G from a couple of bumps.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
BodyGuardz is already covering my phone, front and back... It saved my 3G from a couple of bumps.
Yep right out the gate I had to put the invisible shield on the back. anti-glare front, invisible shield back=beautiful combo.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
I'm trying to decide whether to put a screen shield on. I hear for the 3Gs Apple recommends not to. So what is everyone else doing?
The front doesn't need protection. It's scratchproof glass. The back it was needs protection. Buy a screenshield and put it there lol:laugh2:

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I use Clear Armor on the front and the back. It does amazingly well to protect the front and the back and even edges from drops and stuff like keys in your pocket.

BTW, the front isn't scratch proof, it's scratch resistant. I got a scratch on my V1.