What's up for the weekend

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
It's Friday My day is almost over at work.:laugh2: just two hours left; no school till tomorrow and the day is mine after 3. My weekend will involve a lot of studying and working out mostly and some Call Of Duty 3 for Ps3. What do you guys and Gals have going on this weekend?

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm heading to New Orleans on the first flight out in the morning to watch my Saints play on Sunday!

I'm beside myself and cannot wait until the season really begins. No offense Giants/Skins fans.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have a busy weekend. After I got off work today, we went to the gym. Going to do laundry tonight.

Saturday am-golf game. Then drop off older child at a sleepover party (oops buy a present first). Go home, take a shower and get ready to watch some football. Maybe we will stop off to check out the mew gym they built near my house. My BIL lives in the Keys, so he may come up to escape Ike. Gator game is at 8:00pm.

Sunday-pickup daughter, get some breakfast. More golf. Go home, shower again (hot here in Florida). Watch some golf, do some laundry, watch some football. Get the kids ready for school on Monday.

Woo-hoo. Great weekend here for me! :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Remote recording all day tomorrow in the pouring rain then... EAGLES BABY on Sunday. Everyone's coming over to my place for some beer, wings, pizza, and EAGLES BABY.

I love football season.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Tomorrow.. sleep. I've been going to bed way too late and getting up early for two weeks. Sunday, I'll find out when I get there.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I have no idea what I'm going to be doing this weekend, but I hope plans show up soon...I don't want it to be a boring one.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Sleep. I've been working 9-12 hour days everyday for the last two to get settled in my new classroom. I am exhausted..

Tomorrow, I hope to spend a few hours floating in the pool, listening to music and getting the end-of-summer tan I need to hold me through the winter.

Sunday, I have three squads of high school cheerleaders coming over to paint banners for football season. Games start next week! (I love high school football.)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Saturday will be spent shopping for needed odds and ends, finishing the unpacking project, an afternoon meeting, and then dinner with friends.
Sunday will be my second and final canoe trip, weather permitting. Then, saying g'night to the peeps on IRC, which has been scarce lately. So...get yer butts there and liven it up, will you? ;)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thanks. He passed on Labor Day evening from lung cancer. He was at home in a hospital bed and we knew he didn't have much time (perhaps one or two days), but the family was there except for my niece and me, who had run to the local drugstore to pick up another prescription for liquid morphine. He died while we were out.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
That's hard. My mom died twelve days before my 31st birthday.. on the only day in two weeks that I couldn't make it to the hospital. I like to believe that she let go at that time to protect me from being there when it happened.

Anyway, this isn't about me. I just wanted you to feel supported through this difficult time. I hope it's a lovely memorial and that you get to listen to lots of cool stories about you dad's life. Memories are so awesome.. the next best thing to being there. :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Naps, I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. I've not had to deal with this yet, but have come close many times with cancer. Although eventually inevitable, it's something that I dread more than anything in life. My heart goes out to you; you will be on my mind all day. Many hugs headed in your direction, my friend.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thank you both for your kind words. Life goes on, however. The memorial service in on Monday, and I plan to say a few words on the good things my father did for me as a child and talka bit about his sense of humor. It's easy to see where I get a lot of mine from! :)

S

Starry

Gosh hun I just seen this... :( I've been dealing with interior designers and have fabrics and furniture magazines up to my eyeballs :( Someone tell me again WHY I decided to buy a bigger house again... LOL Sheesh

I'm so sorry to hear about your father... He's got a good man in you I'm sure he is so proud of you.. My thoughts are with you and your family this weekend and while I'm sure no day is a good day for Monday, you will be in my heart as always... I'm an email and a phone call away if you need anything bud... Love you dearly!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm pretty good, actually. I'm glad that he didn't suffer for very long or linger needlessly. We kids had told him that it was alright to let go. I'm not a very "religious" person, but I believe in an afterlife and I know he's in a better place. Right now he's probably thinking, "I wish to hell they'd stop all this fussing over me and get the lawn cut!" :laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Gameday in the Swamp. Row 9. Going now to snap some pics of the ESPN Gameday crew and whatnot. Good thing the game isn't at 4.

S

Starry

I'm pretty good, actually. I'm glad that he didn't suffer for very long or linger needlessly. We kids had told him that it was alright to let go. I'm not a very "religious" person, but I believe in an afterlife and I know he's in a better place. Right now he's probably thinking, "I wish to hell they'd stop all this fussing over me and get the lawn cut!" :laugh2:

LOL.. you are a gem my friend.... :) That last comment MADE My day!