What's up with this AT&T?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just saw this on iPhone alley.
On Tuesday, cellular carrier AT&T announced that it would introduce an unlimited calling plan similar to rival Verizon's unlimited plan. The $100/month plan will allow subscribers to call anywhere within the United States sans long distance or roaming charges, regardless on the length of the call.
It goes on to say that the iPhone and some other devices are excluded.You can see the full story here.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I still don't understand the big deal do people really talk that much. I see it as a way for those to swing a few extra bucks and for AT&T to make more the word unlimited sparks our attention

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
We have more roll over minutes than our family of 4 will EVER use. I would not be interested in this plan.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
iPhones aren't excluded, I just read otherwise but I think the best bet would be to talk with an AT&T store rep to find out for sure.

Here's where I read it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=437868
That's interesting. The article I referenced to said at the bottom that iPhones, blackberries, and some other device were excluded. I guess calling would be the best idea. Hopefully they won't be as confussed as these articles. It is nothing I need but thought some might be interested. I have more rollover min. that I will ever use.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'm upgrading to this plan, and they mean the iPhone is excluded from the new unlimited data plan (because it has its own unlimited data plan already). You can still upgrade your VOICE plan to the unlimited one with the iPhone, you just still have to pay the $20 for data and $10-20 if you need more than 200 messages.