what's with my jailbreaking request?

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
a few days ago I posted a request for information about how to jailbreak my iPhone 3G - there were no replies when I last checked - and now the item has been removed - well, i can't find it!
if anyone from the site sees this, can they explain where the previous item I posted is
and if anyone can remind me of the jailbreaking process it would be much appreciated!

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
thanks - is there a quick way of quickly accessing all the threads I've posted?

nice name by the way - sadly, i'm old enough to remember him!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Your thread was most likely moved to the iPhone Modifications forum. We leave a thread redirect in the forum where you originally posted so you can get to it at least for a short while after it's been moved.

By default when you sign up with EiC, you are automatically subscribed to every thread you create or post in. Unless you changed this setting, the quickest way to get to the threads in which you participate is to go to Subscribed Threads in the Quick Links menu above (below the Home, Forum, Social, etc. tabs above).

This thread will now go to the Off Topic forum since it's not related to the iPhone.

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
thanks!

that was just the info I needed
thanks a lot!:laugh2:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
posting in the correct section is always useful, as is using the search button because 9 times out of 10 your question has already been asked and answered.

i've inquired about this in the past, any way we could get an auto pm sent to members when their thread is moved or edited. other forums i'm on have this feature and it works well. some of the noobs like this guy don't know the ins and outs of the site and if this site is to help iPhone users, then i would imagine a function like this would fall right in that description.....

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Pepe... then again. The user doesn't seem to be savvy at all. There are millions of youtube vids on jailbreaking, hundreds of posts here and hundreds of posts elsewhere.

A simple type in "Jailbreak iPhone 3G" into google and millions of links on how to do it came up.

If you don't want to read then don't expect people to help you because there are sections and threads on this forum dedicated to doing this. It seems like all he did was just post his question in anyplace, didn't get any answers and then the mods moved it to a correct place.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^very true, but this forum is here to help and encourage discussion about the iPhone (and other things). putting in a function like this would simply send an auto pm to the user when their thread was moved. perhaps the user is new to forums and doesn't know the norms or posting guidelines. this doesn't seem like much to ask at all. some people may say "why?" but in the spirit of helping people i say "why not?"