What's with the new version of iTunes?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I have iTunes installed and updated to 7.6 and I am curious..... I had iTunes for my iPod Nano, but I sold that since I am getting the iPhone on Friday! So... in iTunes, there is no "photo" area, will it change once I hook the iPhone to it? Can I then keep all my songs from the Nano (they are still in iTunes) and just add the other stuff like pictures to my new iPhone or do I have to delete iTunes and my songs, and start from scratch?

Thanks!

I'M SO PUMPED about getting the iPhone finally! woo hoo! :cool:

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
If you're on a PC, there will be no options through iTunes to download photos you've taken with the iPhone. However, there is a nice FREE program that will allow you to do this, just like iPhoto. I'm actually using Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. You can download it free from Adobe and it's a neat app that lets you organize your pics too. Can even do low level image manipulation too. When I dock the iPhone it comes up and asks if I want to download pictures I've recently taken with the iPhone. Pretty slick. Good luck.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Thanks for the reply. I am more wondering how to put pictures I have taken with my other camera, onto my iPhone. I think there should be a tab in iTunes if I recall correctly. I thought I saw one on a screen shot somewhere.

If you're on a PC, there will be no options through iTunes to download photos you've taken with the iPhone. However, there is a nice FREE program that will allow you to do this, just like iPhoto. I'm actually using Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. You can download it free from Adobe and it's a neat app that lets you organize your pics too. Can even do low level image manipulation too. When I dock the iPhone it comes up and asks if I want to download pictures I've recently taken with the iPhone. Pretty slick. Good luck.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Thanks for the reply. I am more wondering how to put pictures I have taken with my other camera, onto my iPhone. I think there should be a tab in iTunes if I recall correctly. I thought I saw one on a screen shot somewhere.
I created a folder in "My Pictures" called iPhone uploads (as opposed to the photos I download from the iPhone). I choose it and then check it to sync.

BTW, you can drag and drop photos off the iPhone in "My Computer" and put the pics anywhere you want to store them.

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
I created a folder in "My Pictures" called iPhone uploads (as opposed to the photos I download from the iPhone). I choose it and then check it to sync.
Yes, this is what I've done too.

MNJON, you can dl a windows xp power toy that will allow you to resize pictures right in windows explorer. And it's really easy.
Go to: power toys and scroll down a ways. It's called Image Resizer. Then basically you can right click on an image in windows explorer and click resize image... and resize the image to whatever size you want... you don't want to upload fullsize images from your camera because that will eat up your iPhone storage space really quick.