What's with the pop-up ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Alright, I experienced my first pop-up advertisement from everythingiCafe just now. How annoying is that? I realize that sites have to make money, but not too many other forums that I use have pop-up ads. :(

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I don't care about it much, but what I do find interesting is that the only pop up add I get is for verizon wireless.... Kinda seems pointless to advertise on a forum for people with a specific type of phone that doesn't work with verizon...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
relax. If you make a friendly request for Chris to look into it, he usually takes care of these kinds of things. It seems that he doesn't have direct control over the ads as a separate company organizes them.

iLounge isn't exactly light on the ads either, btw. At least EIC is ad-free on the iPhone.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I meant to contact them this week about removing the popup. Should be done tomorrow.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
LOL! :p

It looks like it worked! Chris is looking into it. ;)
Actually, it was mentioned before. Also, the way to handle things isn't a link to iLounge. It makes me iCringe. :mad:

Either way, it'll be fixed tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I don't have direct control over the ads, so it'll take me a day or two.

And you know you cannot leave EIC. It's addicting or so says the upcoming iCafe ad that's expected to hit newstands next month.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Actually, it was mentioned before. Also, the way to handle things isn't a link to iLounge. It makes me iCringe. :mad:

Either way, it'll be fixed tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I don't have direct control over the ads, so it'll take me a day or two.

And you know you cannot leave EIC. It's addicting or so says the upcoming iCafe ad that's expected to hit newstands next month.
I love it here, Chris...in the short time I've been around, I've made quite a few friends. Keep up the good work!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
And iLounge doesn't have an iCafe. (Tom.)

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
What gives? Do I have to stop frequenting here and start setting up camp over at the .
Who is this guy?
There are only two members on this site that if they were to leave the site would fall apart,
1. iCafe
2. Chris

your not on that list buddy, so get outta hereeeee

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Who is this guy?
There are only two members on this site that if they were to leave the site would fall apart,
1. iCafe
2. Chris

your not on that list buddy, so get outta hereeeee
Dude--I think we would do just fine and survive without you. Chris, on the other hand, we need.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't understand why people just don't take it upon themselves to remove popups from their web browsing experience. It's easy to do and VERY effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.