What's wrong with this iPhone built-in ringer/speaker?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 29, 2007
Having problems getting more than a whisper from this iPhone speaker. The ringer and ipod is making sounds but it's too quiet. A mosquito buzzing around is louder. Already gone through the settings and max the volume control. Any thoughts? Thanks!

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
One of the reviews said the speaker phone was quite soft. My ringer has been more than loud though.

Jun 29, 2007
it's strange.

Hi, my problem is when you don't have the earplugs attached and when someone calls you can barely hear the ringer.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Hi, my problem is when you don't have the earplugs attached and when someone calls you can barely hear the ringer.
my speakerphone sucks! youtube is very loud all the way up like blowing the speaker out . had to turn way down . but speaker phone sucks .. hard to hear someone even with the phone to my ear ... also have a gel skin around the phone display didn't turn off when up to my ear .

Jun 29, 2007
Anyone come across any threads or info about this issue?

Just didn't want to wait in line again for defects. Damn chinese factories.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
No sound from mine at all, no clicks on the keys or anything. Only get sound with headphones plugged in. It is going back today!:mad:

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Have you tried turning up the volume, the up and down button on the side? Mine works fine.
Ditto...Make sure you read all the manuals and stuff, check your ringer volume on the side, etc. Only problem ive had so far is a freeze when my girlfriend pushed like 10 buttons at once. A simple Ipod-esque reset fixed it though.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I have done all of the above and reset the phone twice. It is a dud I guess. With all of these complaints, Mr. Steve is probably taking a few valium about now.