What's Your Conservative Prediction of the V2 of the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
What will the Upgrade be next year?
Not your wish list...but your 'big-bet' prediction of features on the new phones.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Big bet.....more room. I see a 16GB version as a 100% for the next one.

3G is needed in the technology world we live in as well and I'm saying that being totally satisfied with the current 2.5G speeds.

Software wise I think Apple should know what we want by now:
1.) MMS
2.) copy paste
3.) easier delete for mass email
4.) etc

Hardware:
1.) GPS, but I don't see a real need for it.

so recap: 3G and more memory (probably 16GB)

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
this phone begs for multimedia expansion
I'm betting:
-MultiMedia messaging
-video camera
-expansion of playable video file types
-copy paste
-extended battery life
-3G (its been the primary critcism of the device from the get-go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd LOVE 3G..but not at the expense of an already very average battery life...at best....(why can't they copy the Nokia battery life feature?!)

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I have to agree: 16gb with 3G. Video camera is a possibility. Obviously most software updates will be available on the v1 iPhones as well.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My prediction will be that it does not move as quickly as the current version- no matter what it has on it.
Reasoning? Well it's almost a guarrantee that after the first month- month and a half of initial iPhone sales were specifically the early adopters, most of who are also MAC people. The people buying the last half of the second month through till the newest version comes out are going to be your standard user that just happened to be in a position to get a new phone. Not MAC savvy.
With that in mind, and based on pricing (both original and now) of the 1 million people that bought one, less that a quarter of those people will upgrade again. it's just too much money - even at 400.00
And of the rest of the people that haven't bought anything yet, unless the pricing drops lower and the average user complaints addressed, I don't see too many new users linging up out there, and even less upgraders.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
this phone begs for multimedia expansion
I'm betting:
-MultiMedia messaging
-video camera
-expansion of playable video file types
-copy paste
-extended battery life
-3G (its been the primary critcism of the device from the get-go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd LOVE 3G..but not at the expense of an already very average battery life...at best....(why can't they copy the Nokia battery life feature?!)
i'd be royally pissed off if we had to upgrade phones to get things like MMS, copy/paste/video camera .. i know 3G and GPS aren't on this but the rest can easily be added with a software update .. and so far we've seen nothing via software updates but some shitty bug fixes that did nothing.