What's Your Favorite NES Game?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I've got a few loaded on my iPhone (Contra, Castlevannia, Double Dribble, Super Techmo, Super Mario 3, etc.).
There are many to choose from - wondering which one's people have enjoyed the most, given the limited ability of the NES controller on the iPhone.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I really am stoked having beat Ninja Gaiden 2... god I love that game.

I also like Boy and His Blob but haven't tried it...

I wish Oddworld was NES :|

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
just the plain old pinball game. it's the only game i've found that is tolerable with the controller.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm playing 4 games primarily right now, they all run exceptionally well.

BurgerTime - Very difficult, but extremely simple AI make for a fun game

Circus Charlie - Used to play this one as a kid with my sister, its actually a pretty fun game, Jump your tiger through firey hoops sort of thing

Double Dragon - I loved this game as a kid, but I never truly grasped it's complexity back then. Now that I do, the game is literally poetry in motion when it comes to the options you have for dealing with your foes. I simply can't get enough of this game right now, my save state is on the 4th mission still on my first life with all my hearts leveled up.

Mighty Final Fight - This game should for all intents and purposes just be called Double Dragon also, it really borrows heavily from the game in all areas save for the graphics. MFF excels at being a much more polished version of Double Dragon with a unique graphic style that is very complimentary of small screens, with large animated characters.

---

The NES emulator has really gone above and beyond being a novelty program to show your friends, the days of "Oh you can look, but it's harder than hell to play" are over.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Jackal. It's a game where you drive jeeps around and shoot things up. I used to play this for houuuuurs when i was younger and now I can do it again. I also have Pacman and Super Mario Brothers 3. So much fun.

Sep 24, 2007
can sombody please tell me how to get rom files and put them on my phone?

is there a what to do it w/o ibrickr

Last edited by a moderator:

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I really like Super Dodgeball. Easy to play and gets challenging towards the end.

I like the recommendations.

Sep 9, 2007
Tecmo Super Bowl is my favorite right now. But also in my heavy rotation are:

Mike Tysons Punch Out!
Metroid
Jeopardy
Pro Wrestling
RC ProAm

You cant go diagonally with the current NES emulator on iPhone still right? That is really my main complaint I guess. Otherwise its fantastic, and totally playable.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX

is there a wat to do it w/o ibrickr

i forgot to mention battle toads!

there is a way to do this without iBrickr. you go and download MobileFinder and iShare with your installer.

you can now navigate to the media folder and "add new folder" and title it NES, and in that make another one and title it ROMs. *yes don't capitalize the "s".

after that you can upload the ROMs to your send space and put them into that folder by using iShare. simple as that. :)

hope that helps.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT

is there a wat to do it w/o ibrickr
You can also use WinSCP or Manzana to do it (on a PC). With WinSCP it's a WiFi login, so you need to be on WiFi, then check your IP address and use that as the login. The user is root and the pw is dottie. Then you put your ROMs in var/root/Media/ROMs/NES (yes you have to create the two directories ROMs and NES)

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Where do I find NES games to install on my iPhone? I see the NES emulator from Intaller.app, but I don't see any actual NES games to install. Is there a web site I need to visit to find these games?