What's your favorite Olympic event?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Team USA is playing Finland right now in Ice Hockey. USA scored first. Looking good for USA right now.

EDIT: USA just scored again. Now it is 2-0 USA.

Wow, USA has scored again 3-0 USA now.

Wow..this is a route.. 4-0 now.

Holy cow! This is turning into a football score. It is 6-0 now.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Team USA is playing Finland right now in Ice Hockey. USA scored first. Looking good for USA right now.

EDIT: USA just scored again. Now it is 2-0 USA.

Wow, USA has scored again 3-0 USA now.

Wow..this is a route.. 4-0 now.

Holy cow! This is turning into a football score. It is 6-0 now.
No big surprise there, honestly.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Well deserved win for Canada. They fought hard and came out on top. Sad to see the USA lose but it was so close, and could have gone either way.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Maybe I'm alone, but I didn't see one minute of the Olympics, nor did I care to. I DID however google Shaun White's trick and watched that.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i didn't watch either. but like i said, i don't care for Winter Olympics.

Summer 2012 comes around and i'll be glued to the set. I REALLY want to go to London for it, but i'm not sure what i'll be doing in two years...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I, for one, was almost glad Canada beat us tonight. They won the most gold medals of any country, but they totally wouldn't have cared at all if they lost hockey. Good for Canada, and good for the USA for putting up such a great showing! Record number of medals for the USA.

I watched almost every minute of coverage I could. I worked through closing ceremonies tonight and I was rather bummed, but it will lessen the blow of the the Olympics ending for me. It's funny how it hits some people and totally passes others. Such is life, though, I suppose.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I'm with Dave... I was totally obsessed with the olympics.....I watched everything (though I did find the cross country a bit boring). My favorites were the snowboarding, Ice Dancing, all the alpine skiing events and the sliding sports, especially the Skeleton.

After a bit of research, I found that Lake Placid, NY allows you to run their olympic Skeleton course (you start halfway down but still hit almost 40 mph)....I so want to try that... here's the link....

http://www.whiteface.com/activities/skel.php

~S

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
It's sad now that the Olympics have come to and end. I watched the mens hockey from start to finish and let me tell you folks I have never jumped up in the air so high in my life before with 22 seconds left in the third period when the USA scored. I like fell over though in overtime when Sidney Crosby had to bang that goal in agh! I hate Sid the kid for that one!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'll say. She's good at it and if she talked to me with that accent, she wouldn't have to work long.

B

bradedvin

I am a huge fan of Olympic events and I like almost all events. But Freestyle skiing, Nordic Combined are my favorite events. I also like opening and closing ceremony of Olympics.