What's your iPhone 5S release date prediction?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by chris, Aug 23, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

As we've been discussing, September 10th is your announcement date. Tim Cook and company will take the wraps off the iPhone 5S. That's great and all, but what about us. Outside of a handful of tech blogs, of which we're not one, everyone will be looking at the iPhone 5S release date as the big day. Admit it, there's nothing like cracking the plastic on a new iPhone. It usually comes with that feeling of "wow, my old iPhone is slow".

I've looked at the history of iPhones and their release dates. Based on a minimal amount of research, I'd bet money that Friday, September 20th is the iPhone 5S release date.

How about you? Thoughts? When will Apple start offering pre-orders and when will the thing ship.

#1 chris, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i too think the release date would be Sept 20th....bad thing for me is i am out of town from 18-22.. I am going to pre-order and have it shipped to AT&T Store and go pick it up on the 23rd....

atleast that is my plan

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

If history is any indicator, yes, it looks like the 20th will be the release date.

The only issue I have with that is the pre-order date obviously being the 13th. AT&T has given me a partial subsidy once again but as of the info I see on my account, I can't take advantage of my partial subsidy until September 15th! That blows! By the time I order my iPhone 5S on the 15th it will have been sold out for delivery on Launch day and I have to wait until I don't know when to get it.

I'm hoping AT&T changes my date before the announcement so I can pre-order on the 13th. If not, I'll call and see if I can get a bump up. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Nevertheless, I'm Excited for this new iPhone 5S!

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I looked at my AT&T account, which has a few phones. My wife's said there was an Early Upgrade available. I clicked with excitement to see it was eligible in September of 2014. Not sure why AT&T chose to tease me like that. I might just go full price. Last year it was $400 for a 16GB iPhone 5 and I had to extend. I'll definitely be selling my unlocked iPhone 5, which should easily recoup most of the costs.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@chris Yes, selling the iPhone 5 is definitely the thing to do in order to recoup costs. I do not want to pay retail at all. My husband has a full subsidy because he didn't get the iPhone 5 but he is getting the iPhone 5S. I would love to order ours together and get them on release day, but we shall see.

Also a 16GB iPhone wouldn't cut the mustard for me or my husband so I need some kind of subsidy. If they go 128GB this time around that's what we're getting so yeah, a subsidy is in order AT&T. Partial is appreciated but full would ROCK! Thanks? LOL!

I'm just excited about getting a new iPhone every year! It was like Christmas in July, now it's just like the end of the year blitz of goodies from Apple. Next up the iPad 5! YAY!

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I use to follow @Marianne 's advice, which is "Go big, or go home". It's more like go home with less money.:LOL: I've really started to fine tune my iTunes library using ratings and custom syncing. The biggest offender for me, space wise, is video and photos. That's where I get into trouble. Apps also, but to a lesser extent.

I have an iPod touch that I use for music only, so I think it's back to the 16GB again. Although, I was thinking about a 32GB today. I'm a flip-flopper.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Not going for the 'gold'? Of course referencing the gold 128Gb model. ;)

8. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i have 2 phones eligible for upgrade right now...I will be getting 2 128G models 1 white and 1 black...

sucks that i am out of town until the 23rd.....will pick them up from store...I will pre-order them...

i hope they go with A7 Chip and 2 Gig of RAM....

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@chris LOL @Marianne's advice. I agree! LOL! I run into trouble with photos, videos and Apps also. Right now I've gotten my space up to 7GB out of 64GB. I had 664 Apps on my iPhone. Yeah, Waaaaay out of control, but I got it down to 588. I slowly take them off. I'm going to dump a lot of them this weekend also. I want to get it down to a manageable 175 Apps. LOL! I blame Apps gone Free! Yup! They are the reason for my sharp climb in Apps on my Phone.

I have photos on my iPhone from 2008. That's bad. I have over 8,716 photos. I keep saying I'm gonig to delete them but I can't seem to part with them for one reason or another. I've got my videos down to 21, only 287 songs, that were downloaded by mistake and some purchases that are on my iPhone although they are in the cloud too. I have to figure out how to get them off the iPhone and access them from the iCloud only.

So let’s see, Apps, Pics/video and that's about it. I aim to get it together before I get the new iPhone. The new iPhone5S I get will be 128 if offered and I have to train myself not to fill it. {I'm snickering here} I'll try my best! LOL ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1377284283.368701.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Who says you have to "part" with them? Sync them to your computer!

So are we playing the "waiting for the UPS guy" game this year too? That was awesome. Stressful, but awesome!

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You don't even really need to do that. Once you have downloaded them onto your account, you're always eligible to download them again. God, I feel like a piker with only 257 apps on my iP5! I vote for a September 20 release date.

Sent Using iCafe App

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I was referring to her photo collection. But you're totally right about the apps, songs, and videos!

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey {{{{RAFAGON}}}}! I have synced them to my computer, they are there. I am just anal when it comes to making sure they are actally there. I have synced my phone to iPhoto on my iMac and sometimes all the pictures don't transfer over. It really baffles me. Then I resync and get duplicates and i end up spending hours sifting through pics to make sure they're there. It has been a nightmare, so a lot of pics that I wasn't sure of were synced I kept on my iPhone but as I take time to look through iPhoto I have seen them on there so then I go ahead and delete them off the iPhone.

It's a long task and extremely time consuming. LOL! I have so very many more pics on iPhoto, last check was something in the neighborhood of 25,000 I'm sure it's more now.

I really hope I can play the "waiting for the UPS guy" game this year. Last year I lost and played again in the afternoon. Well, this year since it's up to AT&T I might not be able to get my iPhone 5S on launch day delivered to my house. They have me down as being able to buy my iPhone 5, which I think will change over to buying the iPhone 5S, on Setember 15 not September 13, which is the date I believe the pre-orders will be.

I figured I'd call AT&T and ask them if they can move the date for me. Meanwhile my husband can buy his anytime with full subsidy. So I do hope to be a contestant in the UPS Waiting game on Apple iPhone 5S Launch Day!

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the help on the App re downloading solution. I do know about that. My photos are a personal struggle for me. Nah, not really, I'm about to clean house this weekend with the pics and Apps. I'm just going to delete Photo albums I made and photos in my Photo Library I know I don't need and just get rid of apps I haven't used in eons. Basically just turn my phone upside down and shake out all the crap. It'll be fun.

LOL @ you feel like a piker with only 257 apps on your iP5! I'd kill for that number right now!

I believe the iP5S will be released on the 20th. If it's a week later with a later preorder date, I won't be angry at that!

16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

My guess is the same as you guys. I am thinking the 20th as well. I think this year I will bump up from the usual 16gig that I always go with. I always stuck with that size because I don't really keep a lot of music on my phone (having 2 iPods) but I have my phone almost entirely full right now with pictures. The bump up will be nice for a change! Counting down the days.. I remember last year benny and myself were some of the only ones up all night and having issues with online orders.. hopefully this year everything goes smooooooth!