What's your "WOW!" thing when you show off the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
What do you do when your showing somone your phone to blow them away?

I go to maps, search on Lincoln Financial Field, switch to sattelite view, and zoom in to see my seats. :)

The older folks like the "pizza, Philadelphia PA" search. :)

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I always start with all the basics, work through video and iPod and then end with e-mail and the web. The web is what always gets the most wows... the zooming in and out, rotating the iPhone sideways... that's usually when even the naysayers finally good "ooooh" and get it. :)

Jun 21, 2007
Florida
Different things for different people.

Most everyone thinks it's awesome that you can zoom in with two fingers. Others love how to navigate through coverflow. A small number of people think it's fun to have youtube at your fingertips.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I like to show off how u use the touch screen, especially the pinching to zoom LOL. My dad has never seen anything about the iPhone and he was completely amazed hehe. Also doing a search on google maps is one of my favs :)

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
What do you do when your showing somone your phone to blow them away?

I go to maps, search on Lincoln Financial Field, switch to sattelite view, and zoom in to see my seats. :)

The older folks like the "pizza, Philadelphia PA" search. :)
The web and zooming in on the web gets the most oohs and ahhs. A close second is the visual voicemail.

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
The beautiful display. It is bright, crisp, clear. How fast it switches between apps. There is no waiting. And the number one thing that sold me and everyone who see it? Scrolling

The display and the way you interact with it is elegant, beautiful, and is the WOW factor for the people I have shown it to. The apps like the web and cover flow are great, but more than not it is google maps that has people impressed.

GuyFawkes

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Haha, I have an Apple hating friend, and someone coaxed an iPhone into his hands, and he ADMITTED to me that it was "Okay, I guess...." and this is a hard core PC kid right here. He just liked the format in general. =]

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Pinching pictures and web sites to zoom in and zoom out. It seems that the touch screen in general is the coolest feature to most people. I think it's what actually sold me on the phone.

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I would have to say when I show them the ipod and then flip it to widescreen to show my album art and flick through with my fingers...everybody's mouths just drop open really wide !

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
The people that have seen mine have mostly been floored by different things. For some, it's as easy as the "Slide to Unlock"....they're already hooked. For others, it's the satellite maps, coverflow, the fact that his has WiFi (many don't know this), visual voicemail, etc.

Overall, however, I think it's just the physical beauty of the device and the bright, clear screen.

MarieM

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If you bring up a photo and then just flip the phone away from you. So now the phone is pointed at the person you are talking to, but it is upside down. The photo automatically flips upside down so that the it is right side up to the person looking at it.

Jul 5, 2007
I start with playing a Super Nintendo game (Super Mario World works well, or maybe Final Fantasy III), then cycle through Doom and Quake. I'll usually VNC into my home computer to show off how many different things you can do with it and how fast the EVDO internet speed is. I'll finish up with a quick demonstration of TomTom, complete with turn by turn voice directions.

...oh wait, you can't do any of those things on an iPhone. That's right, I must've been talking about my Treo.