What's your "WOW!" thing when you show off the iPhone?

IceTrAiN

Bronze
I start with playing a Super Nintendo game (Super Mario World works well, or maybe Final Fantasy III), then cycle through Doom and Quake. I'll usually VNC into my home computer to show off how many different things you can do with it and how fast the EVDO internet speed is. I'll finish up with a quick demonstration of TomTom, complete with turn by turn voice directions.

...oh wait, you can't do any of those things on an iPhone. That's right, I must've been talking about my Treo.
It's a troll! It's a troll! Burn him! Buuurrnnn himmmm!

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I start with playing a Super Nintendo game (Super Mario World works well, or maybe Final Fantasy III), then cycle through Doom and Quake. I'll usually VNC into my home computer to show off how many different things you can do with it and how fast the EVDO internet speed is. I'll finish up with a quick demonstration of TomTom, complete with turn by turn voice directions.

...oh wait, you can't do any of those things on an iPhone. That's right, I must've been talking about my Treo.
Dang man, your right... My iPhone does none of that stuff... Probably never will either. :laugh2: You should keep that Treo, cause it sounds like it is light years ahead of my iPhone... :rolleyes:

Sorry but you can keep that antique from yester year. The iPhone changes everything. In a year or so you won't recognize the new generation of Treo, smart phones, or Blackberries. iPhone is the game changer for the entire industry.

Microsoft employees were interviewed at a Seattle Apple store buying iPhone's for "research". So give it a short while and Microsoft will be out with something and telling us how they invented the internet, the phone, the automatic butt scrubber... Of course just like trying to compare Windows to Mac OS X it is the difference between a Yugo and a Porsche...

iPhone just flat out is breath taking. You can either buy one or hold out and get a knock off in a year or two, but gosh trying to pretend that a relic is going to keep up with the iPhone is just funny. ROFLMAO

GuyFawkes

CountBuggula

Jul 5, 2007
Dang man, your right... My iPhone does none of that stuff... Probably never will either. :laugh2: You should keep that Treo, cause it sounds like it is light years ahead of my iPhone... :rolleyes:

Sorry but you can keep that antique from yester year. The iPhone changes everything. In a year or so you won't recognize the new generation of Treo, smart phones, or Blackberries. iPhone is the game changer for the entire industry.

Microsoft employees were interviewed at a Seattle Apple store buying iPhone's for "research". So give it a short while and Microsoft will be out with something and telling us how they invented the internet, the phone, the automatic butt scrubber... Of course just like trying to compare Windows to Mac OS X it is the difference between a Yugo and a Porsche...

iPhone just flat out is breath taking. You can either buy one or hold out and get a knock off in a year or two, but gosh trying to pretend that a relic is going to keep up with the iPhone is just funny. ROFLMAO

GuyFawkes
Sure it's pretty, sure it's got a great UI, but if I can't actually do any of the things I need to with that pretty UI it's worthless to me.

Have fun trying to show off the almighty iPhone though. I'm sure there's plenty of folks out there that don't know that plenty of other phones can use Google Maps with satellite views.

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Most consistent wow/cool factor I get is the first time I do the zoom-in pinch. Even impressed my mom who generally doesn't have any interest in tech gadgets.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
hmm

For some reason everyone who hasn't seen one in person thinks the iPhone was a lot bigger than it is. At the movie theater the other day for Transformers premier a lot of people asked "Is that the iPhone?" "Wow I thought it was bigger than that!"

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
For some reason everyone who hasn't seen one in person thinks the iPhone was a lot bigger than it is. At the movie theater the other day for Transformers premier a lot of people asked "Is that the iPhone?" "Wow I thought it was bigger than that!"
Oh definitely! A friend of mine was telling me about holding the iPhone and was like "Wow, I thought it was going to be a huge brick, but it was so thin and small!" I was happy to see that she felt that way. =]

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
The texting app. impresses everyone! At first I thought it was gonna be strange since I'm used to text messages being in the order they are received, but having it as an ongoing conversation just makes it so much more cool!

Also the video quality, I'll show off some music videos and surf videos and people are like " man, that looks like HD quality! So much better than any video I have ever seen on a cell/ppc/smartphone.Even the quality of the wallpaper is so much more clear than any mobile device, it makes ALL prior devices screen look like a washed out old piece of junk. Really, no joke.