WhatsApp Gets iOS 7 Makeover

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chris, Dec 3, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

WhatsApp has a fairly major update released today. The biggest change is the UI, which is completely overhauled and definitely iOS 7 friendly.

• broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
    • improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
    • large thumbs: see more
    • new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
    • application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
    • new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
    • crop image before sending
    Not sure why, but I'm seeing duplicate contacts in my favorites. These appear to be auto-generated from my contact list somehow as I never set 'Favorites'.

Weird, they updated the app, but the screenshots still show the old iOS 6 app in the App Store.

There's also a nifty new iOS 7 looking icon. All in all, looks to pretty nice. I'm not a big user of Whatsapp, so can't comment on whether it has any significant advantages to the old version.

Any Whatsapp users? Why are you using it instead of iMessage or SMS?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I use Whatsapp a lot because I talk to my family overseas not having iPhones

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

I don't have any other option to use whatsapp just to stay in touch with my non-idevices friends who can only use this app ;) however i prefer to use imessage when communicating with my idevices family and friends.

Sent from iPhone5 using iCafe app

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Much like most, I use WhatsApp for chat with people who can't use iMessage. Likewise I use BBM to stay in touch with colleagues who still use BB's .. ( boy has that list shrunk ) in truth, it's been my impression that WhatsApp has an advantage in being able to contact so,done simply by knowing their cell number ... If they have WhatsApp it will simply work ! Downside is that some people I have no desire to have anything to do with, but could have me on their contacts can 'show up' then have to be blocked or removed ....yes... I think we all have some folks on the periphery which fall into that category. I've also found that BBM on iPhone actually is smoother and quicker than was BBM on my old Blackberry ( Torch ) .....:)

Sent using iCafe app

5. mayuri

mayuri New Member

whats app is one of most useful app for communicate with friends and families.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

None of my family or friends use it. They all prefer regular MMS/iMessage or Facebook Messenger. I don't see the point of using it, except for folks living overseas.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

These apps are useful when you are talking to someone on an Android and have a weak cell signal (when you work in a big building, for example) but good WiFi.

8. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

It's my backup for iMessage with a few people , and my primary for my Android contacts ... It works as well as any message type app ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk