Guesses when it will finally arrive

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Summer is almost gone and still no MMS.
Summer officially ends September 21st so it is nowhere near over.

I would say late August, early september we might see it.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
What is the reason for you guys in the US not being able to get it whats AT&T excuse?

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
When does someone stop being cheap? Usually never right? Same goes for AT&T....

Its ridiculous. There is absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't have MMS right now.

Some people have said it would cripple their networks because of the extra data flow...I'm sorry how many customers did ATT gain with the iPhone again? (aka all the extra income for them) and you KNOW ATT had to of known well before Apple announced it to the public that they would be releasing it with the 3GS.

Also it wouldn't cripple their networks because people use the web and email everyday which is way more data intensive then MMS could ever be.

ATT are a bunch of idiots that enjoy ripping people off as much as possible. As soon as the iPhone comes out to Verizon I will be switching that week.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
They never gave any solid excuse. I think their official response was along the lines of "we are doing upgrades so iPhone users have the best experience" There have been rumors that they needed to take the mms opt out code off of every 3G and 3GS separately with no way to do a global change to the system.

Every other country that launched on the 19th had it working at launch. And I am sure the launches afterwards were ready also. We are one of the most technologically advanced countries and we couldn't have this basic function ready when they were told it was going to be needed back in December, there is no excuse.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Yes summer is over in Sept but kids go back to school in 2 wks so for me summer is OVER (yes) . And we still do not have it because AT&T is a bunch of cheap Pr**ks that squeezes every dollar they can.
I have been with AT&T for 15 years but am growing tired of their slow moving upgrading of their system, I spend $400.00 a month and still can't send a pic with MMS.
As damstr said it was no surprise to AT&T that MMS was coming

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I believe AT&T's HQ is now in Texas. So summer ends around December 15th. Starts again late January.

If we're going by weather conditions that is :)

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I believe AT&T's HQ is now in Texas. So summer ends around December 15th. Starts again late January.

If we're going by weather conditions that is :)
LOL you are probably right on with that

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
Summer is almost gone and still no MMS.
My best guess is that MMS will be functional when Apple releases the 3.1 firmware.

Watch and see...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
If summer ends Sept. 21 then perhaps their meaning of late summer will be somewhere about Sept. 20th.
*sarcasm*

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
they upgraded the cell towers in my area after 2 years of super lag so it migjt take much longer than expected

did i mention they didn't change upload speed? which is retarded a bit since it effects overall speed dramaticly

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
You know, I'm so aggravated by this. So pathetic. It's a friggin' feature, it's not that tough! AT&T is so disappointing.

smegma11

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Me too

My best guess is that MMS will be functional when Apple releases the 3.1 firmware.

Watch and see...
The new 3.1 beta 3 has the camera icon when you text and mms is an available option when viewing pics and forwarding them.

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
I don't understand if you people want MMS & tethering so bad then why don't u google it and find out how to do it.

I had MMS on my iPhone 3GS on the AT&T network a week after they launched the new iPhone 3GS just upgrade your carrier settings to AT&T 5.0 instead of 3.0 and switch the sim cards with an old att phone that had mms switch back and bam you got MMS

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I don't understand if you people want MMS & tethering so bad then why don't u google it and find out how to do it.

I had MMS on my iPhone 3GS on the AT&T network a week after they launched the new iPhone 3GS just upgrade your carrier settings to AT&T 5.0 instead of 3.0 and switch the sim cards with an old att phone that had mms switch back and bam you got MMS
Not everyone wants to be forced to hack their phone (and iTunes post 8.1.1 and 8.2 betas) to get something that obviously does work to work. On all the 3.0 betas I was able to get it to work without the AT&T 5.0 carrier file and without switching my sim card to another phone. It should not be necessary to do that to get it to work. The carrier on OS 3.0 is AT&T 4.0 which blocked the options for mms. And those methods don't have a 100% success rate, probably not even a 50% success rate. If AT&T isn't ready by the release of OS 3.1 then I wouldn't update if I were you since 3.1 blocks adding a carrier file to get tethering and probably the same for mms (if they take mms options out again).

smegma11

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
I agree

It's a very scary thing reprogramming your phone when you know it's $699 to replace it. 95% of my iPhone friends just call and text and use facebook to talk. They can hardly update their phones much less anything techy.
I will be happy when mms starts but if I have mms and none of my aTT friends do, what good is that?