When can we expect a true upgrade in firmware?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Sure, we got 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 that fixed a few little things and gave us iTunes(can only download music, not video? :mad:) but how about a true overhaul of the firmware where they should make available features that can easily be implemented like oh, say, copy/paste? I'm wondering when the next significant update will occur. Anyone else waiting and wondering over firmware 2.0?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Sure, we got 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 that fixed a few little things and gave us iTunes(can only download music, not video? :mad:) but how about a true overhaul of the firmware where they should make available features that can easily be implemented like oh, say, copy/paste? I'm wondering when the next significant update will occur. Anyone else waiting and wondering over firmware 2.0?
This is THE question. Everybody is waiting for that.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I'm starting to feel that Apple doesn't plan any further major updates on this version of the phone. I think that they are counting on the SDK release instead. If they can sell apps on iTunes it's a win win for them.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I saw 1.1.1 as a "True" update. I use iTunes everyday.

However - the one thing I am dying for is video recording. Give us this and I will whine about updates no more.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I can see it now just before the 1.1.2 update. A big conference room with a list of possible new features are listed on the white board. Everyone is sitting at the table and someone mentions that they keep hearing how copy / paste is wanted and that the code has already been written and is ready for release. The guy at the head of the table says "No were saving that one for February 2008." Then someone says "What about A2DP Bluetooth?." Again the head guy speaks up and says "No that one is for April 2008". "Ok" says someone else "lets fix a few bugs in the 1.1.2 version that is for international support and release if a few days later in the U.S. That will keep the mass guessing."