When can you upgrade

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
My account says April 2010 I hope that I can get it cheaper since I know someone at At&t

Ron Jeremy

Bronze
Jun 7, 2009
where do we go to find out?

Ron Jeremy

Bronze
Jun 7, 2009
mine says this

Review iPhone pricing.

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 07/26/2009.

$299.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
$399.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
$499.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
so i'm assuming i can't get the subsidized price, saaaaweet.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
mine says this

so i'm assuming i can't get the subsidized price, saaaaweet.
Not bad, July 29th. Mine says 2/1/2010. I suspect that's because I dropped the unlimited text from my plan a few months ago. If I still had it, my upgrade date would probably be in September, 12 months after I got my 3G.

Joe

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
since i still have an Edge iPhone i my contract has been up for months. I was waiting patiently for this day and I cant believe it will be released next friday.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have to wait until 3/10/2010 to get the subsidized price. So, consider yourselves lucky. I think I'm just going to wait until 6/2010 for the newer iPhone. :cool:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have to wait until 3/10/2010 to get the subsidized price. So, consider yourselves lucky. I think I'm just going to wait until 6/2010 for the newer iPhone. :cool:
I think I will wait too, although March 10 is a great day (my birthday;))

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
mine says 12/26/09. whatever. makes me grumble- Between my husband and I, we've had AT&T since long before the iPhone came out, when it was the original AT&T>Cingular>then AT&T the current version. The original account is under husband's name, and still has two phones under it to this day, and I got my own account on Cingular like 5 years ago which was 3 years before the iPhone even came out; but a couple of the phones on the original family plan migrated to my plan, so the history is on record. That's almost TEN years. And I have bought previous phones at full price (Treo for several hundred) So much for customer loyalty, eh?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
mine says 12/26/09. whatever. makes me grumble- Between my husband and I, we've had AT&T since long before the iPhone came out, when it was the original AT&T>Cingular>then AT&T the current version. The original account is under husband's name, and still has two phones under it to this day, and I got my own account on Cingular like 5 years ago which was 3 years before the iPhone even came out; but a couple of the phones on the original family plan migrated to my plan, so the history is on record. That's almost TEN years. And I have bought previous phones at full price (Treo for several hundred) So much for customer loyalty, eh?

I know how you feel I have had the same cell company for over a decade now.... If I am correct it was called omnipoint then Cellone i think then something before it was called cingular then AT&T Why do I have to pay more to sign another 2 yr contract when these companies keep leaving me. I should charge them $500 for changing the name before our 2yrs is up

A BIG F-U TO CELL PHONE COMPANIES

OMAMA WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

ALSO DO SOMETHING ABOUT CABLE COMPANIES ALSO

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Sigh,

Based on what I have read and my wife wanting an iPhone I will give her the 3G 16gb and wait until the 'next new' iPhone.

You are not eligible to upgrade at a discounted price due to your length of service. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 06/13/2010
You are eligible for an early upgrade to an iPhone at a reduced discount. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 06/13/2010

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
7/12/2009. :)
There shouldn't be any lines by then... ;)

Ron Jeremy

Bronze
Jun 7, 2009
^i'm with you saverino. by mid july all the kinks will be worked out, lines will be down, and hopefully it will be jailbroken by then too (with a lot of the apps converted over). if the reviews are good, i will pick one up.

jailbreaking seems like a must for 2 main reasons...
1. free tethering (pdanet)
2. theming

Ron Jeremy

Bronze
Jun 7, 2009
I know how you feel I have had the same cell company for over a decade now.... If I am correct it was called omnipoint then Cellone i think then something before it was called cingular then AT&T Why do I have to pay more to sign another 2 yr contract when these companies keep leaving me. I should charge them $500 for changing the name before our 2yrs is up

A BIG F-U TO CELL PHONE COMPANIES

OMAMA WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

ALSO DO SOMETHING ABOUT CABLE COMPANIES ALSO
this is not meant to be rude, however when i see posts like this i cannot help but wonder why. perhaps you already have, but if you haven't, you should try calling AT&T and talking to them about this. a lot of times if you are courteous and explain the situation, give them time to look up your account info, and discuss with them your discontent with this, they will will offer to give you the upgrade at the subsidized price. ranting on a message board, while it feels good, does very little to help the situation. communication is key. again if you already did this then good for you and feel free to slap me or something :)

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
You are not eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price at this time. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 03/19/2010
I'm not eligible until March of next year, but that's not too bad, considering I just got the 3G in March of this year... *shrug*

I'm upgrade eligible every year, because I'm on a corporate account...

Depending on the buzz, I may sell my current 3G for something short, and just add the difference, and pay $399 for the 3Gs...

I was SO against it yesterday... but being upgrade eligible every year would throw me right in line with any NEW model Apple comes up with next year....

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
this is not meant to be rude, however when i see posts like this i cannot help but wonder why. perhaps you already have, but if you haven't, you should try calling AT&T and talking to them about this. a lot of times if you are courteous and explain the situation, give them time to look up your account info, and discuss with them your discontent with this, they will will offer to give you the upgrade at the subsidized price. ranting on a message board, while it feels good, does very little to help the situation. communication is key. again if you already did this then good for you and feel free to slap me or something :)
I agree with you and I am going to speak with someone at AT&T. I just needed to let out my feelings to everyone on here.