when deleting e-mails in IPhone....

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by dinosaur1, Dec 20, 2007.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member

why doesn't it delete e-mails on my inbox on my computer also? I use gmail
  2. TheJimbo

TheJimbo New Member

Same thing happens to me. My email account is AT&T's Worldnet. Most of the time when I delete an email on my iPhone, it deletes on the server too and does not wind up in my home inbox. I say "most" because lots of times I delete it, and it comes right back. Sometimes I delete it 3 times throughout the day before it's finally gone. It's like a boomerang. And yes, I have it set to delete off of the server. Most of the time it works, many times it doesn't. Aggravating.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Marianne

Marianne Moderator

have you switched on gmail IMAP? if not, you're still working with a POP gmail account - see #15 in this FAQ post for more info...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  5. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member

would anyone be able to tell me when i delete my GMail emails off of the iPhone why do they still show up on my laptop's inbox in outlook. any way to avoid this?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  6. JoeT

JoeT Member

Go to Settings - Mail - Pick your Gmail account - Advanced.

Under "Delete from server" choose "When removed from Inbox".

That should remove it from Outlook as well.

- Joe
  7. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member

Since I use gMail I have the Imap settings all set so when I go under Advanced I do not see anything there that says "delete from server"

does anyone know if I still have to use imap settings for gmail or can can I click on the gMail icon under MAIl and just set it up normally?
  8. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member

Also does anyone know when I send an email using my gMail account that sent email appears in my inbox? how do I eliminate this?
  9. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member

I got it, i turned off recent mode.....=)
  10. singingwhale

singingwhale New Member

When I Go to Settings - Mail - My Account - Advanced - I have no "delete from server" option. Is my iPhone some sort of weird mutant or am i looking in the wrong spot? .