When do you think iPhone 6 Plus will be available in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by JanL, Oct 4, 2014.

1. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

I must have been brain dead on pre-order day. I just forgot all about waking up early to order. So I decided I would camp out on the 19th. I made to mistake of camping out at Best Buy. I was there at 3:30am at 7:15 they told us they did not get any of the iPhone 6 Plus. I walked over to AT&T store. I was 12 in line for a plus. They only got 9. So I have been checking on line daily, nothing. I go into stores ever couple of days nothing. I'm to the point of just ordering and waiting. But I want one now. What are your predictions on when you think store will get enough supply for us to just walk in and get one?

Sent using iCafe app

2. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Try the Apple Store app... you can check stock at your local stores if you have any. I see a few in the Chicago suburb area available for pickup once in awhile. Good luck!

3. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

Yeah I look on the app everyday and never available for pick up. But thanks I will keep checking.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Where are you located? I'll tell you a little secret check target.

5. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

I'm in Oklahoma. So Target is getting 6+? I thought they would be good to get a few 6. I will have to try that.

Sent using iCafe app

6. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

Just called Target. They only got 1 6+ and it was pre-order. Has not received any others. Worth a shot.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

8. Coolstrategist

Bronze

Apple stores have them.
    My local stores are selling 6 pluses 3-4 times a week. I walked in yesterday and got a gold 6 plus 128gb. No wait, no line. They also told me that had 16gb and more 6 plus 128 in other colors.

9. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

I did not know about this site. Thank you. My Apple Store in OK does not have any.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Holy crap, Target has an impressive stockpile of 16 GB Sprint iPhone 6 Pluses. Not much else available anywhere in the western US.

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Personally, the method that worked for me was brute-force checking and re-checking on store.apple.com for local availability, and I got lucky one night because I woke up in the middle of the night and checked at around 3:45AM and it was available. It seems it was an isolated event, as lately I have been checking just out of curiosity and no variants of the 6 Plus for AT&T are available anywhere in South Florida at an Apple store.

According to one article (which was written two years ago, so I cannot guarantee that the method it describes still applies), it helps to check at 10PM, but I don't know if that's supposed to be 10PM your time zone or 10PM Cupertino time.

@Cjvdh also has a great point. You're likely to find it at Target stores, especially since you're looking for an AT&T model. He explained that the reason for that is that Target doesn't let you do an AT&T Next upgrade.

12. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

I've been checking daily on Apple site and nothing. Target only seems to have 16g that will not work for me. I really only want 64g but if I find 128g I will get it.

Sent using iCafe app

13. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I randomly got a 128gb on for AT&T by checking the Apple Store app. There is another site istocknow.com that also has Best Buy and Target availability.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

14. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

Soon they'll be all OVER the place the hot ticket item for Christmas too

15. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

If your in NJ I know where there's one at 11am I was going to switch just to see but held one in my hands and changed my mind... I still need to get used to this one️ but in NJ they are in a few places. PM me Its possible they may have them again today at 11am.

16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I'm in Nj also and have seen them pop up couple times a week at the various Apple stores we have.

17. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

Yeah I'm in Oklahoma and there are very few. I've been in a couple different Att, and Best Buy stores. They have nothing or they get them and they are gone in a matter of minutes. I want to buy from either of those stores because of the trade in value. The tracker has been wrong everytime. I call the store to verify and they the tracker has not been correct yet, or I'm just late. Thanks everyone.

Sent using iCafe app

18. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

I walked right into Best buy and got mine. They had 2 of each size for verizon. I know they are drop ship but call them in the mornings as they open

19. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Preordered mine 9/17 and I still have a ship date of 10/31. I'm hoping I can find one before that but only the 6 is available anywhere.

20. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Anyone needing a 16gb iPhone 6+ should definitely check out target today. Seems that they all got supplies of them in stock today.