when i plug in my 3G...?

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
everytime i plug my 3g into my computer, adobe photoshop opens...how the heck do i turn it off so it doesn't open? I hate the fact it does that. it also does it when my ipod or my flash drive get plugged in. thanks for any help.

i asked this before but didn't get much luck.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm running a Mac now but I think this is how to turn it off on the PC.

Plug your iPhone in and then go to Start->All Programs->Select Accessories-> Select Scanner and Camera Wizard. Right click on the iPhone device and the Options toggle should appear. I believe that within here you can choose the default program that Windows uses to import. You can change it from Adobe to something else or disable auto-import completely.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you are using a PC windows XP or higher this is what you do:

1- Go to "MY COMPUTER"
2- Go to the camera and scanner area. You should see your iPhone. It must be plugged into a USB port to see it.
3- Highlight (right click) on your iPhone in "My Computer"
4- Click Properties
5- Click "Events"
6- Under "Actions" check the box that says "Take no action"

That should do it.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
thanks but that didn't work. i selected "take no action" but it still opens...

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Make sure you hit "APPLY than "Ok". Make sure photoshop is closed. Unplug your iPhone from the USB port. Plug it back in again.

I just re-created your situation by chosing to open with photoshop than I applied my fix and it worked.

Sorry!

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
i did all that...crap. i did it on my desk top and my laptop. both are still doing it...BOO

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Photoshop is a greedy pig of a program. It tries to take over any and all actions involving pictures or cameras. The only other thing I can think of will depend on how comfortable you feel in windows. If you go to "START//RUN//MSCONFIG//STARTUP... You can uncheck anything that has to do with photoshop. In theory if photoshop is running in the background it may preevent you from the instructions I gave you. If you do this, you will need to re-boot your computer.

PS: I always shut off photoshop running on startup. It is a memory pig and will slow down your machine as well as possibly causing the problem you are having.

GOOD LUCK!