When is Apple going to include a video recorder app?

relvistcb

Apr 10, 2009
When are they going to come out with an record video app for iPhones that arent jailbroken? I had mine jailbroke but i restored it because some people couldnt get my text messages.

Does anyone know where to get this app?

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple hasn't released that information yet. I'm hoping the new phone (due out this summer sometime) will have stock video recording.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It was realized immediately that it was left out of the list off improvements and additions in 3.0. I can't understand why they wouldn't include it, but we do have a pretty damn good jailbroken option to rely on until they come around.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
It was realized immediately that it was left out of the list off improvements and additions in 3.0. I can't understand why they wouldn't include it, but we do have a pretty damn good jailbroken option to rely on until they come around.
Left off the list - yes, but macrumors and other sites have found details that it is built in to 3.0, now if it will work with the older models, that remains to be seen....

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Left off the list - yes, but macrumors and other sites have found details that it is built in to 3.0, now if it will work with the older models, that remains to be seen....
I have a feeling that the new video recording option will only work with the new camera in the new iPhone model. Just a feeling...

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have a feeling that the new video recording option will only work with the new camera in the new iPhone model. Just a feeling...
I agree Nap, I have a feeling us 3g'ers will be screwed like the 1st gen'ers with MMS! I know which id rather have!

Apr 16, 2009
So, basically I won't be getting the new video option unless I buy the new iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Its still B.S. since I think Jailbroken phones (even the first model) can record video.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I wouldn't upgrade just for video. Especially if it's not a sustained 30fps & onboard option to upload to youtube or other media hosting sites.