When is AT&T's contract up with Apple?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
lol it's clap back what u doing here.. and no iPhone/AT&T for life. iPhone will only be available with GSM network. You might have to settle for a Voyager. iPhone with Verizon might happen in maybe like 10 years... LMAO

Nov 24, 2007
Im here because I just typed in iPhone forum on google and this came up.

I need to know how long it is before I either buy a touch or wait for the iPhone.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
if you don't care for the phone get the touch but I wouldn't... I suggest you just cancel your verizon contract and get an iPhone... you might get lucky and the other company don't charge you the ET fee.. (thanks T-Mobile).

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Im here because I just typed in iPhone forum on google and this came up.

I need to know how long it is before I either buy a touch or wait for the iPhone.
I don't know what the other user meant by that.
Anyway, I do believe AT&T and Apple have a multi-year deal. In my opinion, I'd definitely go ahead and get the touch as you might be playing the waiting game for a while.

Nov 24, 2007
if you don't care for the phone get the touch but I wouldn't... I suggest you just cancel your verizon contract and get an iPhone... you might get lucky and the other company don't charge you the ET fee.. (thanks T-Mobile).

I would cancel, but It costs a ton of money, and I have a plan with a couple buddys of mine to save $$$.

I think I will just get the touch, because I really don't need the phone, I just wanted the Ipod/internet part.

Nov 24, 2007
true if you like carrying a cell phone and an mp3 player with the cost about the same.... $400...
Yeah, but there is no way I can get out of my plan right now, mainly because I just started it a couple months ago. Plus all of my friends and family have Verizon, so its free for me to call them.

I think I will just buy the Touch, because like I said, all I want is the Ipod/Internet features.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Apple has agreed to only make GSM versions of the iPhone for the first five years. That doesn't mean that they won't make one for T-Mobile in a year or two, but it means they definitely won't make one for Verizon, Sprint, or Alltel (all CDMA carriers) for at least five years.

No love for you CDMA fans.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Only GSM for now. Like Cols said, a T-Mobile one is possible in two years. But I don't even see a Verizon iPhone after five.

Do not get a Voyager; I've used a friend's and it sucked. The only "iPhone killer" out there that has any chance of 'killing" the iPhone, is the Android. And while it may be cool, which I admit it is, I quite honestly don't see the iPhone being "killed" for a long, long time.

If you absolutely cannot go with AT&T, get a Touch. While it's not the iPhone, it's still great.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Only GSM for now. Like Cols said, a T-Mobile one is possible in two years. But I don't even see a Verizon iPhone after five.

Do not get a Voyager; I've used a friend's and it sucked. The only "iPhone killer" out there that has any chance of 'killing" the iPhone, is the Android. And while it may be cool, which I admit it is, I quite honestly don't see the iPhone being "killed" for a long, long time.

If you absolutely cannot go with AT&T, get a Touch. While it's not the iPhone, it's still great.

- John
The Google Android is only an operating system that they hope will be used by some cell phone manufacturers and providers. I've seen the release on youtube and it looks pretty cool, but it's still miles away from the iPhone.

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
When does your contract with Verizon end? If it doesn't end in another year or so, you'd be better just cancelling your contract now, and get the iPhone for AT&T. You're probably paying 100 dollars a month for your Verizon service. If you get iPhone now, with the cancellation fee, you'd pay at most, $750 (Depending on tax). As opposed to the $1200 waiting for your contract to end. So you'll actually end up saving money.

Nov 24, 2007
When does your contract with Verizon end? If it doesn't end in another year or so, you'd be better just cancelling your contract now, and get the iPhone for AT&T. You're probably paying 100 dollars a month for your Verizon service. If you get iPhone now, with the cancellation fee, you'd pay at most, $750 (Depending on tax). As opposed to the $1200 waiting for your contract to end. So you'll actually end up saving money.
Cancelling my contract is not an option, and I don't really want to leave Verizon, because all my friends/family have it so I can call them for free.

I was never really interested in the phone part, I just liked the other features.
I just wanted to know if I could get it in a year or so, and I got my answer.

Thanks for the answers, your one of the more helpful boards I have been to.