When is iPhone coming to Canada?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
never...
go to the states to buy 1 and have it unlocked...
that's what i did...
there is no way the iPhone will be "officialy" available in canada given the fact that their data transfer fees are sky-high (because of the lack of competition). They won't lower the price since there is really no demand for it.

canuck

Oct 11, 2007
never...
go to the states to buy 1 and have it unlocked...
that's what i did...
there is no way the iPhone will be "officialy" available in canada given the fact that their data transfer fees are sky-high (because of the lack of competition). They won't lower the price since there is really no demand for it.

how do you unlock an iPhone now?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Last I heard Apple was talking to Rogers about it. I am not sure on the data part, but Apple supposedly said that they want to get the European launch out there then they plan to come back around to the "smaller" markets.

canuck

Oct 11, 2007
Last I heard Apple was talking to Rogers about it. I am not sure on the data part, but Apple supposedly said that they want to get the European launch out there then they plan to come back around to the "smaller" markets.
hasn't iPhone aready been in the european market?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
hasn't iPhone aready been in the european market?
I think they are still in the process of rolling it out to all the regions they want to cover there. I don't think the roll out is complete (such as the sticking points they have hit in France).

marktang

Oct 9, 2007
because no one wants to pay like 200+ for data a month. and we don't even have unlimited data where as in the US there is unlimited data for like $20 i think.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I do remember that roaming data in Vancouver was major expensive, granted roaming was associated with it, but still, did not expect one day there to run up 80 dollars in expense. I am just glad I did not use it like I normally would have. I checked mail 3 times (and read them) and updated the weather each time as well.

Sep 28, 2007
Canada was supposed to get the iPhone before Europe but talks broke down because of Roger's reluctance to reduce data fees and introduce an unlimited plan.

I don't think the iPhone makes much sense without an unlimited data plan so I really do hope Rogers relents. Until then, i'll keep to my Wifi. Much faster than Edge anyways and downtown montreal is full of it.