When is the iTunes wireless store coming to our iPhones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone know a exact date when the iTunes wireless store is going to be available? I'd like to be able to purchase stuff without having to be on WiFi. Thanks.

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
nobody knows, just a guess. next tues 28th.
honestly... Who cares! When u use it u still have to pay! Its just to lure you money driven people in to spend more money. Honestly though i think theres other updates worth more waiting for.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
KABOOM its never coming out, so stop asking. it's only been discussed 400 times in the past hour.

but it wont be out till friday, september 28, keeping with job's love of releasing something on the last day of a month/quarter.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Many people are waiting for the iTunes wifi feature and many also enjoy buying music from iTunes. If they have the money and want to spend it on music, let them do what they want! I think of this feature as an added bonus. If you do not like having the iTunes wifi, then do not use it. Apple is trying to be ahead of many in the music player market and they are doing a good job. Look at the Sansa connect. It added the wifi downloading of music. But it also failed at doing a good job about it. You have to know what songs you are looking for. You can not just browse and explore what is out there. They also at the time and not sure if it had been updated, only offered a portion of their content to be downloaded. Apple's addition of the iTunes wifi offers their whole content to be downloaded (music for now). The guy was asking a legit question and should be given a legit answer in which he received. If that person had done a search, he would have found many threads asking this very same question. But we are hear to help, learn and share with others.

- Garrett

iPodtouch,

Well put and you beat me to a response for the worthless answers given.

I was hoping it would have been this Tuesday but now that only leaves next week. I have heard that on WiFi it will only take about 30 seconds to download a song from the iTunes store. That will be very nice to have instead of having to connect to the computer to add songs to the iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
honestly... Who cares! When u use it u still have to pay! Its just to lure you money driven people in to spend more money. Honestly though i think theres other updates worth more waiting for.
Or, a legal, honest way to get music that costs $0.99 a song. :p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
iPodTouch said:
Well some of us do care about the date and don't have a problem paying. I think the convince of using wifi internet to access the iTunes store on the go is a great feature.
What he ^ said...

:p

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I'm leaving for Vegas at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning (chicago time). Is there any chance the update will be introduced when it turns to tuesday or is it going to be 7 oclock p.m. eastern?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Well I'm annoyed that the iPod Touch already has access to the wifi music store but iPhone owners don't. What sense does that make? :mad:
iPod touch comes out on the 28th... the same day we get the update (or iPhone might get the update EVEN sooner than iPod touch comes out).

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I hope they make it so you can disable or hide the WIFI iTunes icon on the home screen. I don't won't anyone downloading anything. I mean you should be able to control what is on your home screen in my opinion.

And it would be nice to be able to disable or hide the other icons while there at it!

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007