When is the next iPhone due to be released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ibrahim Allaf, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I am a BlackBerry guy all my life... but I'd like to switch to iPhone now that RIM is dying

What the next iPhone ? 5 ? and when is it due to be released?

Thanks

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Soon....Maybe next Tuesday.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Possibly October, at least according to the rumors floating around.

4. writeronfire

writeronfire Guest

I heard these rumours a year ago, so it must be soon. I know it has a nice curved back to it. Very Apple.

5. peterthomas

peterthomas Member
    Bronze

I heard about ipad mini arrival as well in a forum, is there any truth in this news?

6. iphoneking

iphoneking New Member

lol

7. writeronfire

writeronfire Guest

I'm never sure with Apple. I've seen about 4 different looking prototype models of the 5 in the past year. I've just had another look, and to back up my claims, it's changed again:
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/20239/new_iphone_5_pics_show_every_detail_say_rumor_mongers

As for the mini iPad, I'll never trust sources as to the release date, but with a 7-8 inch screen and costing less than the normal version, I can see this being a big hit. This Autumn? Maybe next Spring.

8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

sometime in 2012 i think

9. Xanthous

Xanthous Member
    Bronze

My guess probably a month or so before the iPhone 4s release so middle september.

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

rofl3.gif
    Gotta love it...

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'll find an abundance of rumors and guesses, but you won't find those answers here or on any other forum. If I had to guess, I'd base it on trends and agree with RoofMonkey that October is most likely.

I'd get a used 3GS on eBay or craigslist and sell it right after the new iPhone is announced. You should be able to get back all or most of the cost if the condition is same.

12. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

October is my guess....apple likes to do things a certain way and it fits.

13. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i hope it gets announced in August and released in September....i would like to pre-order mine in August :)

4 inch screen
    128 GIG of storage
    QUAD CORE
    1 GIG of RAM

I don't ask for much......

14. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I wonder if I'll be able to sell my 4S on ebay for more than it will cost me to upgrade to the new iPhone.

15. popit168

popit168 New Member

My guess probably in November.;)

16. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Ibrahim Allaf
    Jul 4, 2012 5:18 PM
    I am a BlackBerry guy all my life... but I'd like to switch to iPhone now that RIM is dying

Hi Ibrahim Allaf
    Have you seen the Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha device? I am mentioning it to you because you're an existing BlackBerry user that I think you should research before switching to a totally different os and device. I myself use an iPhone but I have been using my brand of device since 2007. So the reason I'm suggesting you should research about the new BlackBerry 10 is because it might not be fair to you to ditch the OS you have been using for however long you have been using BBOS for. I am just giving you an honest opinion on how you should stick with the os and devices you are familiar with unless you truly do not care. Anywho, good luck!

17. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Jailbreak it and u should come close....

18. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

Thank you for your honest opinion. I highly respect people like you on forums who don't act as fanboys and actually take into consideration the situation of the other member.

I don't know man, I am going to miss BlackBerry Messenger so much, but here is my story with my latest 9900 which i bought in August last year....

I was one of the first people in Dubai to get the 9900 after a long wait, and I was disappointed by:

- Battery life is crap! Bigger screen with only a 1250 mAH battery as opposed to the older bolds which had a smaller screen and a 1500 mAH battery

- Sometimes the phone has full signal bars but when people call you it tells them your phone is switched off until you restart the phone, tried many different operating system upgrades, some don't have this issue, but many OSes do

- Every OS released since the launch of the phone fixes one issue then brings in more bugs! RIM has lost any sense of quality control over their phones and OSes

- 5 mp camera is a joke because it has no Autofocus, even my old Bold 9700 has 10 times better and crisper images because it has autofocus, whoever made this phone must've been drunk because he decided to make it so thin that they can't fit an autofocus camera so even though the cmaera is 5 mp, the pictures lack any sense of quality

- apps are a joke! every single one of them, I paid for many apps but they fail to deliver what iPhone and Android users are enjoying

- the only thing that keeps RIM alive is BlackBerry Messenger

- my 9900 had a screen protector since day one and now I've had it for 11 months and it has so many dead pixels on the screen I took it back to SharafDG and they are like it needs at least one month to get a new screen replaced IF they are even going to approve replacing it! That's why I want to buy a new phone

19. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Hi Ibrahim Allaf
    No problem Ibrahim! Don't mention it. I wouldn't want overhyped info either about which device and OS is better than the other. I'm only here to help and not to gloat on which device and OS is better. So with that out of the way, I will try to help.
    First, you said that you bought a 9900 and that the older Bold had a bigger battery. I don't know how important that is to you but in the BB 10 Alpha Device, although it's a device at a dev stage, the battery is non removable. I couldn't find how big the battery was but I'm sure you could find out with a search by Google.
    RIM is known to have many, and when I say many, I mean MANY different versions of OS's. Which to my knowledge are called "hybrid firmware" or pre-release firmware but I could be mistaken by that term. I do know that RIM is known to release or pre-release different versions of their software for their BB units to what you were referring to when you say: "Every OS released since the launch of the phone...". Although RIM has numerous versions of their software, I'm sure there is a stable version that you can pick from that works best for your reception on your device. Like I mentioned before, BB 10 Alpha Dev is out now for the masses as that device is THE device to go to for the latest from RIM. Apparently BBX is the name of their new OS. BBX is their new platform for their device and that is what they are putting their resources into now, as it seems. From what I have read, BBX is vastly different than their predecessor OS's because it is a whole different platform from their past OS's. It's coming from a company called "QNX". Google BB 10 QNX to find out more about the company and what RIM has in store with QNX.
    Ok I'm going to give you a website address of the BB 10 Alpha device so that it will answer your camera and screen questions: http://m.engadget.com/2012/05/01/blackberry-10-dev-alpha-hands-on/
    Check that page out and sorry it's not a direct link to that webpage.
    I don't know about the apps and app selection BB 10 will have in store but again Google BB 10 apps and see what pops up. I do know there are articles and even videos of what BBX/BB 10 is cooking up for the platform.
    Lastly, the BB 10 Alpha Dev is a capacitive touch screen device like the iPhone and Android devices, which probably will have some sort of protective coating on the screen so screen protectors are welcome but not necessary.
    Good luck!