When it comes time to update to iOS 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
My method is to do a complete restore when a new iOS comes out (i.e. iOS 4 to iOS 5). I use the update when going to a new version of the same iOS (i.e. 4 to 4.1).

If your jailbroken and want to stay that way, I would not upgrade to the new iOS until the jailbreak is released. One the new JB is released, I would still restore, install the new OS then JB.

~S

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the replies everybody! I'm not jailbroken.

I really don't want to have to do a full restore cause I don't want to loose all my progress with all my games I have. I did just delete a bunch of apps that didn't have data connected to them. Hopefully it will go smooth but if not looks like I might go ahead and do a full restore.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
Im looking forward to the delta updates. Instead of having to d/l a 500mb file they can push OTA file changes to the handheld. That'll be cool.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Indeed. I was just hoping the iOS5 upgrade was going to be OTA since I'll be at work all day tomorrow and won't want to wait until after 5 to get it on my phone. My library on my work LT is not the same as home so I'll have to sync those up tonight.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
oh it is tomorrow isn't it? Well glad I decided to streamline my phone some more
syncing as we speak with iTunes
I wonder how specific our updates will be ?
I update from BETA and have a few devices
at the moment I decided to back up in cloud and in iTunes
I do a long needed overhaul of all devices we have.
Everyone will be set as their own cloud ID and name but hooked to one iTunes account