When jailbreaking an iPhone

mkim209

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
ok, so i got my iPhone about a week ago and successfuly jailbroke it (yay!).

my question is, one a new iPhone firmware comes out does that mean i have to start from scratch? rejailbreak my phone, and reinstall all my cydia apps, themes etc?

and if so... is there any way of backing all of it up?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Yes, you'll have to start from scratch. To ease the pain, downloadtheae two apps from Cydia:

AppBackup and AptBackup

AppBackup will backup all you apps' data (not the apps themselves). AptBackup will make a list of all your Cydia apps and reinstall them all in one fell swoop.

mkim209

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
Yes, you'll have to start from scratch. To ease the pain, downloadtheae two apps from Cydia:

AppBackup and AptBackup

AppBackup will backup all you apps' data (not the apps themselves). AptBackup will make a list of all your Cydia apps and reinstall them all in one fell swoop.

ohh ok, thanks!

so i have to basically re-jailbreak, and these 2 apps will take care of the rest after?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
ohh ok, thanks!

so i have to basically re-jailbreak, and these 2 apps will take care of the rest after?
Yws, you have to re-JB. Those two apps will help get you close to where you were, but it won't get you 100% there. You will still need to install your AppStore apps one-by-one, among other things.

mkim209

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
Yws, you have to re-JB. Those two apps will help get you close to where you were, but it won't get you 100% there. You will still need to install your AppStore apps one-by-one, among other things.
i have all the app store apps in my iTunes already

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

AppBackup and AptBackup

I have both of these apps and when updating to 2.2 from 2.1 they were nowhere to be found and just totally useless:mad:
-...Okay, well they couldn't be useless but how do you make these apps "work":eek: