When sliding to unlock the phone, mine randomly goes to different applications?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I've noticed this quite often when I unlock my phone. At first I thought it was me possibly touching an application after I use the slider.

But if you notice when you slide the unlock button there is second or so before the home page shows up and my finger is completely away from the screen.

One more thing that I know I'm not accidentally hitting an application is that, once I slide the unlock button and it does go into the application. The application is already running. I'm sure of this because I don't ever use the stocks or clock applications and they have been the first application on the screen when I unlock.

I know the iPhone goes back to the application that was running last when you unlock but as I said I never use the stocks or clock applications and they've been the first thing on after an unlock.

Has anyone else experienced this?

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I've noticed this quite often when I unlock my phone. At first I thought it was me possibly touching an application after I use the slider.

But if you notice when you slide the unlock button there is second or so before the home page shows up and my finger is completely away from the screen.

One more thing that I know I'm not accidentally hitting an application is that, once I slide the unlock button and it does go into the application. The application is already running. I'm sure of this because I don't ever use the stocks or clock applications and they have been the first application on the screen when I unlock.

I know the iPhone goes back to the application that was running last when you unlock but as I said I never use the stocks or clock applications and they've been the first thing on after an unlock.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I've seen this, too. I rarely text, but several times that is the app that shows as open whe I unlock my phone. What make this especially odd is that the text icon is farthest away from the unlock slider.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
... being careful to close applications before turning off the iPhone... so when you turn it back on you are not going back to that app... just wondering..
My habit is to always return to the home page before letting the phone sleep.

rrjr80

Jul 3, 2007
I am having the same problem, and it definitely isn't just reverting back to the last application I used because the stocks app has popped up a few times, and I've used that once.

bw2151

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
random apps

I noticed mine was doing that after the security update, I don't recall it doing that before....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It usually goes back to the last feature that was opened before it went to sleep. To keep this from happening, always back out to the home screen before locking the screen.