When someone calls, rings forever

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Hello,

When someone calls me, I've been told numerous times that the phone rings 8 or 9 times before voicemail picks up. I've tried this myself (on someone else's phone) and have noticed that the first few rings are shorter, followed by the standard ring, but it does take around 8 rings until the voicemail answers, or 4 rings until I hear my phone ring on my end for the first time.

Anyone know why this delay is occuring? I would assume the first four "fake" rings is the network trying to locate my phone. Then it follows it by the "real" rings that I hear on my end.

Any ideas, or how to avoid this? (It is really annoying, and not only to myself)

Thanks.

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Try calling in to customer service 18003310500 and talking to them, it sounds like that the system has your rings set for a longer ring style. If you call them they should be able to help you out

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello,

When someone calls me, I've been told numerous times that the phone rings 8 or 9 times before voicemail picks up. I've tried this myself (on someone else's phone) and have noticed that the first few rings are shorter, followed by the standard ring, but it does take around 8 rings until the voicemail answers, or 4 rings until I hear my phone ring on my end for the first time.

Anyone know why this delay is occuring? I would assume the first four "fake" rings is the network trying to locate my phone. Then it follows it by the "real" rings that I hear on my end.

Any ideas, or how to avoid this? (It is really annoying, and not only to myself)

Thanks.

You might want to try and reset the iPhone first. You need to do this about once a week. Push and hold down top sleep/wake butn until the slide comes on, slide to turn off and let it shut down. The push sleep/wake again to turn back on. Then call youself from a landline. Just a try.