When typing email phone starts deleting everything?

GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze
Nov 2, 2008
Hi Everyone,

Well I was composing an email three times today and gave up. After I had 3 paragraps worth or so, the letters started rapidly deleting as if I was hitting the backspace key a hundred times or so.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Regards,

:)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sometimes the backspace key "sticks" and causes the function to go crazy. I don't really have an explanation for the actions other than that. I know I have had entire notes erased due to it.

GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze
Nov 2, 2008
thanks I was unsure as to why it did that

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I have had this happen to me during emails as well. I am sure that it's a bug, I just hope that Apple is working to resolve it. It rapidly deletes the entire message you are typing and then stops. Very annoying if you ask me, this has happened to me twice now.

jongraytv

Jul 29, 2008
Oak Ridge, NJ
I have found I can repeat this bug by deleting part of my email signature (sent from my iPhone etc). It seems this causes the delete key to get stuck!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I've had that same problem, one day I got so pizzed off I almost threw the phone against the wall.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've had that same problem, one day I got so pizzed off I almost threw the phone against the wall.
I feel ya, strangely I had the bug occur today, and I have my iPhone signature actually blank. Grrrr, I was pissed.