When will app.tapp/installer.app work for 1.1.3?

DropGems

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I haven't been around the scene lately, I had 1.0.1 and app.tapp/installer.app before finally upgrading to 1.1.3. I checked installer.app/app.tapp site and realized that it isn't even out for 1.1.2. Do you guys have any estimates when installer.app will be available for 1.1.3? I really miss that prog. I'm wondering if I should downgrade now? Do I have any other options here? Thx

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
rumors are it won't be available until the SDK is released. There is a reported downgrade technique to get back to 1.1.2 (it only works for pre-1.1.2-OTB phones), so that is an option.

also, Installer WILL work on 1.1.2.

Sep 29, 2007
The reasons why they may not release the process till after SDK is because they will release a new firmware with SDK and if they release a procedure of how to jailbreak it now, Apple will fix the upcoming firmware to break it so if they don't they will not know what to fix.

Thus when SDK comes out, we most likely will have it jailbroken and also we can expect to have it sooner because Apple will not have to spend time fixing the jailbreak.

We can wait a few weeks for it as we can already re-arrange Icons and locate ourselves with Google Maps.