When will Apple add to 3G service?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I want to get the iPhone, but i was really hoping for 3G. however, if a 3g iPhone comes out,

1. when do you think it would come out
2. would 3g effect battery life
3. would 3g effect phone prices/ data contract prices

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
1. Next year around this time. Hopefully ATT's 3g network will have better coverage by then too.

2. At this point, yes. Hopefully it will be improved by next year as well.

3. Doubtful. Too many phones as of now offer it, so you can't really charge a premium on a feature that is somewhat common.

Everything about this phone is a tradeoff and I'm sure Steve and Co. had hard decisions to make. After using it for a week, I feel that he made the right decisions on just about every mark. 3G is only available in metro areas, yet that is where you will find most wifi networks. So why add the bulk and a battery drainer with a 3g antenna? As you can see I have come to understand and respect the decision to leave 3G off for now. I value the battery life and sleek profile.

-Jeff

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
I want to get the iPhone, but i was really hoping for 3G. however, if a 3g iPhone comes out,

1. when do you think it would come out
2. would 3g effect battery life
3. would 3g effect phone prices/ data contract prices
Before you wait for the 3g iPhone (saying that there will be one) i would make sure that the area you are in has access to it, because i know where i live the 3g network is hard to find but the edge network is surprisingly fast.

gmemon

Jul 7, 2007
I don't know too much about 3g but is it only the case with At&T that they have larger 3G presense or all network available in US have the same problem? If that is not the case then Apple could have gone with a different carrier instead of At&T. Any thoughts?

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
before you jump the the conclusion of a 3G iPhone, consider the fact that Apple will include many other new things to the iPhone with 3G so expect ti to cost a little more in price, Apple isn't going to release a new iPhone and just have 3G and the bugs in iPhone as the only improvements, think of the commercials for it, the iPhone 2, now with no bugs from the iPhone 1 and now faster internet, do you really think people would buy it for that? My point is that if there is going to be a iPhone 2 it will have more features and will cost more, and will take some time because Apple cant just pop some new features in 1 year out of their asses.