When will shops in the UK start giving details of deals for iPhone 5?

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
When will shops in the UK start giving details of deals for iPhone5?

And when should I pre-order my micro-sim because I don't want to have the phone without a sim?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I assume they will start planning after today. It's usually the same sort of plans as the iPhone 4 was when it was released. They more than likely have their pricing prearranged to be honest. They know what they can charge for the new iPhone. Regardless of today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I assume they will start planning after today. It's usually the same sort of plans as the iPhone 4 was when it was released. They more than likely have their pricing prearranged to be honest. They know what they can charge for the new iPhone. Regardless of today.
Nice cheers

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
If you are looking at getting a contract for the iPhone 5 I would recommend T-Mobile. You can use Orange's 2G signal and their prices are respectable. I get awesome signal no matter where I am. Even in my girlfriend's parents mobile home in camber sands. Which is in the middle of nowhere, I get 5 bars and 3G.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
o2 is probably the best. I've never had problems with them.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
o2 is probably the best. I've never had problems with them.
Up here I like 02 because I'm on pay as go, and most of friends are on 02 so free calls is what I like, signal can be pish (I'm in the capital, and sometimes struggle to get 3 bars with any connection, then other times I'm great.
Tried 3 but not orange, the only problem is I have no friends on orange, ect .....
So will we be able to pre-order this week the iPhone five. Or what happened last time with iPhone4?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Up here I like 02 because I'm on pay as go, and most of friends are on 02 so free calls is what I like, signal can be pish (I'm in the capital, and sometimes struggle to get 3 bars with any connection, then other times I'm great.
Tried 3 but not orange, the only problem is I have. I friends on orange, ect .....
So will we be able to pre-order this week the iPhone five. Or what happened last time with iPhone4?
Apple will set a preorder date

Sep 5, 2011
Jalandhar, India
what about Vodafone?Is their coverage good - I would guess so, since they are the biggest provider over here - or am I wrong?

I wouldn't trust O2 - my sister is on contract with them ever since she came to the UK - almost 5 years ago. She presumably signed a 2 year obligatory period and now they wouldn't let her change providers unless she pays. She would like to change because of hidden charges - I personally am new here and don't have a clue - but will rather trust my sister.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
what about Vodafone?Is their coverage good - I would guess so, since they are the biggest provider over here - or am I wrong?

I wouldn't trust O2 - my sister is on contract with them ever since she came to the UK - almost 5 years ago. She presumably signed a 2 year obligatory period and now they wouldn't let her change providers unless she pays. She would like to change because of hidden charges - I personally am new here and don't have a clue - but will rather trust my sister.
My girlfriend and her family are on Vodafone. They get crap signal 24/7. Go T-Mobile.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
My girlfriend and her family are on Vodafone. They get crap signal 24/7. Go T-Mobile.
Right, try and convert me over from 02, what are the pros and cons
For t-mobile ( as a pay as you go customer)

This is why I'm with 02 pay as you;

Pros
go topping up
£10 a month and I get 500Mb Internet a month (does me most of the time)

Unlimited texts to any network

And they don't take money off me it's just for topping up

Then I get an bolt on (add on) for £5 off my tenner, 1000 minutes to 10 of my own selected 02 numbers.

98% of my friends are on 02

Cons:
Singal is sometimes pish (Bars),
3G connection I struggle to get in some buildings which I can get fine 3G if I stick a 3 Sim in in the same building I struggle to get 3G on 02.
That's about it really.

I take it you are on t-mobile my friend ?

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Yep, always have been. Never been PAYG though. Always contract. I'm on a £35 P/M Unlimited everything.
And that's calls/texts to other networks ?
And your saying singal (bars&3G) are good?

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Yeah, unlimited everything. None of that same network crap. Signal is great. I have 5 bars now and I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Wow I would do that, if I had the £35 a month Haha
And you get the option of new phone 2 years?

Bet you hate me right now way aw the questions haha.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Ah. I forgot to mention I'm on a sim-only contract. Hence I get a good deal. I buy the iPhone unlocked every year.
Ah nice, so if I was to go into a t-mobile shop what deal would I ask for, I might think about it haha,
When you say "unlimited"
I take it there's a cap somewhere with all that, or do you mean unlimited for real (don't have to care about going over minutes)?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Ah nice, so if I was to go into a t-mobile shop what deal would I ask for, I might think about it haha,
When you say "unlimited"
I take it there's a cap somewhere with all that, or do you mean unlimited for real (don't have to care about going over minutes)?
It's all unlimited apart from the data. There is a 5GB fair use policy in place. Which you can go over but they charge you extra.