When will the new or updated MacBook pro be released

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cabby 49115, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Cabby 49115

Cabby 49115 New Member

Wanted to purchase one since December but was advised to delay this as a new or updated one should be released soon, surly it can't be much longer.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You're not the only one holding out. I bought mine December 2010 and the new ones were released in February 2011. Follow this link and scroll down to the MBP to see the history. Odds are (and rumors have it) that a new release will be soon. http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

3. Cabby 49115

Cabby 49115 New Member

Have read the link, the rumours they seem quite interesting, thinner, beefier, however I think I will miss the optical drive.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Yeah, I like being able to watch DVD's and burn CD's too much to do without one. Of course you can get a separate drive but to me that defeats the purpose of a compact portable device int the first place. I guess the whole cloud based thing is being pushed more and more.

5. qiren_94

qiren_94 New Member

On the contrary, I don't need the optical drive at all. I have been using a laptop for almost 2 years and I only touched the optical drive once.

6. Cabby 49115

Cabby 49115 New Member

I like the idea of an optical drive as copy all of the families DVDs to the hard drive then to a flash drive for viewing on the tv or various other devices.