when will there be a 1.1.3 jailbreak for 1.1.2 otb phones?

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have a 1.1.2 otb phone, previously jailbroken but then restored and (forcefully) upgraded to 1.1.3. My question is, that since the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 jailbreak has now been released and it can't be done on a 1.1.2 otb phone restored to 1.1.3, will i have to wait until there's a 1.1.3 OTB jailbreak?

Or does anyone know if the Dev Team is working on a way to jailbreak 1.1.2 otb phones restored to 1.1.3? Hopefully somebody is because i know there are people out there like me, who were already jailbroken, restored because of some minor problems, were forced to upgrade to 1.1.3 (which at the moment is pretty much completely useless) and now wish that they had just left their phones the way they were. (i know i do)

To sum it all up: HELP! MY PHONE SUCKS NOW!

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
From what I've read, you can't jailbreak a 1.1.2 OTB phone if it has already been upgraded to 1.1.3. If i'm mistaken, please let me know where you saw that 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.3 phones can be jailbroken.

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
your not mistaken, 1.1.2 OTB phones upgraded straight out to 1.1.3 cant be JB since they cant be downgraded and rejailbroke due to the 4.6 baseband. Most people think it works for some reason when it doesn't when even the dev team including nate states it wont work if your 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 OTB phone. It only works with 3.9 Bootloader and earlier. So yes basically sit and wait. From what I understand Feb 29th is the release date for SDK. When SDK comes out Jailbreak will be a breeze no matter what, so I would just wait.

WickedZ

Jul 19, 2007
your not mistaken, 1.1.2 OTB phones upgraded straight out to 1.1.3 cant be JB since they cant be downgraded and rejailbroke due to the 4.6 baseband. Most people think it works for some reason when it doesn't when even the dev team including nate states it wont work if your 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 OTB phone. It only works with 3.9 Bootloader and earlier. So yes basically sit and wait. From what I understand Feb 29th is the release date for SDK. When SDK comes out Jailbreak will be a breeze no matter what, so I would just wait.
I believe you are mistaken. I'm pretty sure you can downgrade to 1.1.1, use the *#301# trick to jailbreak, oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, jailbreak, then soft upgrade to 1.1.3 and copy over the original lockdownd file (chmod 755) and you're good to go.

I'm using 1.1.3 jailbroken w/ the upgraded baseband. I didn't downgrade my baseband to do the upgrade, just had to do the final step of copying over the original 1.1.3 lockdownd file at the end (this only works if you are a non-unlocked user, but if you are a 1.1.2 otb then your phone is not unlocked anyway right?)

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Can you provide a link to where the Dev Team and Nate state that you can't jailbreak a OTB 1.1.2 once you're on 1.1.3? I searched Nate's site, but could not find anything.

From what I've read, it is NOT possible to downgrade an OTB 1.1.2 if you want to stay at 1.1.2 and have service. However, it IS possible to temporarily downgrade so that you can: jailbreak 1.1.1, upgrade to jailbreak 1.1.2, and finally to a jailbroken 1.1.3 with service. Your phone will not have service when you downgrade, but you won't need it anyway, since your goal is to get back up to 1.1.3. Several people with OTB 1.1.2 have done this successfuly.

If your phone is not unlocked, follow this tutorial:
http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=195983#post195983

This tutorial will leave you with a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with 1.1.3 baseband, so Google Locator works natively without relying on 3rd party apps.

I believe you are mistaken. I'm pretty sure you can downgrade to 1.1.1, use the *#301# trick to jailbreak, oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, jailbreak, then soft upgrade to 1.1.3 and copy over the original lockdownd file (chmod 755) and you're good to go.

I'm using 1.1.3 jailbroken w/ the upgraded baseband. I didn't downgrade my baseband to do the upgrade, just had to do the final step of copying over the original 1.1.3 lockdownd file at the end (this only works if you are a non-unlocked user, but if you are a 1.1.2 otb then your phone is not unlocked anyway right?)
I aaked about this in the Jailbreak thread here in this forum on Monday afternoon, and you can't downgrade a iPhone that has gone from 1.1.2 OTB to 1.1.3. It just can't be done yet.

Read this thread.

It states in there that it can't be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
As i stated before this cant be done, I own a 1.1.2 OTB phone I upgraded straight to 1.1.3 after trying the JB and not liking it. I am now stuck at 1.1.3 until SDK is released. The process they are speaking of above is for people with 1.1.1 phones apparently some people don't understand what 1.1.2 OUT OF THE BOX means. THis means that the phone came with week 46+ of the software 1.1.2 and includes bootloader 4.6 and when combined with 1.1.3 is locked down, The phone is not accessable. If you read every single Jailbreak, attempt to jailbreak etc, it includes THIS METHOD IS FOR 3.9 Bootloader and previous, THIS WILL NOT WORK ON 4.6 Bootloader phones. As stated once again FROM EXPERIENCE with my OUT OF BOX 1.1.2 Once you upgrade to 1.1.3 straight up, thats it. Pull up a chair and wait because 1.1.3 does not let you downgrade period. iTunes wont even let you try it just crashes.

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
enigmanic you're saying that if I use that hackint0sh jailbreak method that I can jailbreak, correct? Just to be crystal clear I have a locked AT&T 1.1.2 OTB phone that used to be jailbroken then got restored and upgraded to 1.1.3. So now I have a completely stock 1.1.3 phone.

I thought the reason I couldn't jailbreak was because of the newer 4.6 bootloader or the newer baseband that comes preinstalled in 1.1.2 OTB phones. I also read that upgrading to 1.1.3 upgrades either the baseband or the bootloader or both to a new version that interferes with jailbraking.

If anyone has successfuly jailbroken a 1.1.2 OTB phone that's been upgraded to 1.1.3, please let me know.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
As i stated before this cant be done, I own a 1.1.2 OTB phone I upgraded straight to 1.1.3 after trying the JB and not liking it. I am now stuck at 1.1.3 until SDK is released. The process they are speaking of above is for people with 1.1.1 phones apparently some people don't understand what 1.1.2 OUT OF THE BOX means. THis means that the phone came with week 46+ of the software 1.1.2 and includes bootloader 4.6 and when combined with 1.1.3 is locked down, The phone is not accessable. If you read every single Jailbreak, attempt to jailbreak etc, it includes THIS METHOD IS FOR 3.9 Bootloader and previous, THIS WILL NOT WORK ON 4.6 Bootloader phones. As stated once again FROM EXPERIENCE with my OUT OF BOX 1.1.2 Once you upgrade to 1.1.3 straight up, thats it. Pull up a chair and wait because 1.1.3 does not let you downgrade period. iTunes wont even let you try it just crashes.
you can downgrade, you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 twice, run ibrickr, then dial *#3073, to get into the phone, then run the 1.1.3 jailbreak and book. my phone is a week 51.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As i stated before this cant be done, I own a 1.1.2 OTB phone I upgraded straight to 1.1.3 after trying the JB and not liking it. I am now stuck at 1.1.3 until SDK is released.
You most certainly can jailbreak (1.1.3) an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, OTB 1.1.2 updated to 1.1.3 iPhone, or even an OTB 1.1.3 iPhone. I have already done two OTB 1.1.2s.

Please stop propagating the same misinformation, it's only causing confusion.

And for the record, this is right from Nate's jb FAQ:

The iPhone can-I-upgrade list

1.0.0 to 1.0.2 phone: You must upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 before continuing. If your phone has been unlocked (modified to work with a non-AT&T carrier) with anything other than iPhone SIM Free, you will not be able to proceed without re-locking your phone by upgrading to 1.1.3. Otherwise you're clear.

1.1.1 phone, unmodified: You need to head to "jailbreakme.com" to install Installer.app on your phone. After that you can perform the 1.1.3 soft upgrade.

1.1.1 phone, with Installer.app: You're clear to do the upgrade.

1.1.2 phone, unmodified: You need to do a downgrade to 1.1.1. Then go to 1.1.1 unmodified instructions.

1.1.2 phone, modified through Oktoprep and jailbreak.jar: You're clear to upgrade.

1.1.3 phone, unmodified: You need to downgrade to 1.1.1 first. Then go to 1.1.1 unmodified instructions.

--
Mike

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
You most certainly can jailbreak (1.1.3) an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, OTB 1.1.2 updated to 1.1.3 iPhone, or even an OTB 1.1.3 iPhone. I have already done two OTB 1.1.2s.

1.0.0 to 1.0.2 phone: You must upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 before continuing. If your phone has been unlocked (modified to work with a non-AT&T carrier) with anything other than iPhone SIM Free, you will not be able to proceed without re-locking your phone by upgrading to 1.1.3. Otherwise you're clear.

1.1.1 phone, unmodified: You need to head to "jailbreakme.com" to install Installer.app on your phone. After that you can perform the 1.1.3 soft upgrade.

1.1.2 phone, unmodified: You need to do a downgrade to 1.1.1. Then go to 1.1.1 unmodified instructions.

1.1.2 phone, modified through Oktoprep and jailbreak.jar: You're clear to upgrade.

1.1.3 phone, unmodified: You need to downgrade to 1.1.1 first. Then go to 1.1.1 unmodified instructions.

--
Mike

Thank your sir

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007

--
Mike
Well time to give it another try then, already tried before wouldn't even downgrade but might as well give it another go

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Weird just like I thought, Cant downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 OTB. And I quote. The iPhone "iPhone" Could not be restored an unknown error occurred (1062). Guess they cant be downgraded. *shrugs* less im doing something wrong...Shift + restore select 1.1.1 firmware, then open and wait...then get that error.

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
and the information im stating is very simple. If you have a week 46 or higher Baseband, you cant downgrade. No clue why, nobody knows, and I know im not the only person that is unable to do this. there are thousands of others just like me.

inked005

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
ok well now I got it downgraded as far as the restore went, an error occurred at the end 1015, but i think thats normal only thing is Ibrkr cant boot the phone the iPhone screen goes green and says to use iTunes to restore...any suggestions for that?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ok well now I got it downgraded as far as the restore went, an error occurred at the end 1015, but i think thats normal only thing is Ibrkr cant boot the phone the iPhone screen goes green and says to use iTunes to restore...any suggestions for that?
inked,
The first time you downgrade to 1.1.1, you won't be able to use ibrickr just yet. You have to shift+restore to 1.1.1 a second time. Then ibrickr will work as usual. Let us know if you have any other trouble.