When will Watch OS 2 be released?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Does anybody know when it rolls out today? I'm pretty excited about this update which should improve a lot of things on the watch.

Not a great time to find a major bug. QC with Apple has not been very good these past couple of years. I was really excited about this update.. BOOOO!!!
I've been running beta os2 on my watch for a while now. It's run pretty flawlessly so far and I think it's a really nice upgrade. I love nightstand mode and Siri is way more responsive. Battery life is really good also and I haven't had any issues since downloading the GM.

I do agree the QT has been a little down but I appreciate them waiting and not just dumping out software that might be unstable though.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
The watch needs to be on the charger as well. Hopefully it doesn't take several hours to download like a lot of people are reporting.
ARGH!!! I didn't catch that.

Well, it's downloading to the phone right now, and says "About 2 hours remaining", which is about how much time I have left at work. Hopefully it will download the whole file and then I can just install it to the watch once I get home and plug in.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, after a 74 minute download, it has "paused" the installation until the watch is connected to the charger and is charged to at least 50%(Currently at 45% and dropping).

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
150 GB Per month. And when my wife and I left town to go on a cruise the first week of the new period this month, the kids managed to burn over 100 GB while we were out.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
150 GB Per month. And when my wife and I left town to go on a cruise the first week of the new period this month, the kids managed to burn over 100 GB while we were out.
Oh, okay. Dang, they used a lot! If it was Netflix, one thing you could do to help get through the rest of the month is temporarily decrease your Netflix streaming quality.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
It was a combination of things....Netflix, Spotify, Pandora, you name it. Needless to say, I changed the password. Still going to have to pay to up the limit through the end of the month though. I can do it $10 and 10GB at a time, or get an extra 150 GB for $50, which is what I'll do. Got some stuff I want to watch before data resets on October 5, so they get to pay $10 each(times 4) and I'll throw in $10 as well. Plus tax. And they only get access again once they've paid.

Back to Watch OS2. I'm home now and the install is in progress.

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
It was a combination of things....Netflix, Spotify, Pandora, you name it. Needless to say, I changed the password. Still going to have to pay to up the limit through the end of the month though. I can do it $10 and 10GB at a time, or get an extra 150 GB for $50, which is what I'll do. Got some stuff I want to watch before data resets on October 5, so they get to pay $10 each(times 4) and I'll throw in $10 as well. Plus tax. And they only get access again once they've paid.

Back to Watch OS2. I'm home now and the install is in progress.
[emoji106][emoji106]