When will we get a To Do widget?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Anyone know? Any Apple techs out there that can at least let us know if Apple is even working on a To Do widget? Thanks!

philg

Jul 4, 2007
Yah I think that's it's biggest problem with features. Has contacts, calendar, notes, but no to-do-list?
I spoke to an Apple service person and complained about the lack of a task list. He checked with someone (supervisor) and tried to assure me that a task list was near the top of Apple's task list. ETA? No idea.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Couldn't you use the calendar as a task list? Or the notes widget? Hopefully Apple is working on something a little more widely used.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Couldn't you use the calendar as a task list? Or the notes widget? Hopefully Apple is working on something a little more widely used.
Yeah, I've been using the Notes for my To Do list. Works okay, but I'm looking forward to a real To Do widget or a To Do list in the Calendar.

philg

Jul 4, 2007
My sentiments exactly.
My understanding is that the tasks from iCal are synced with the iPhone...so they must be on the iPhone somewhere. If you use iCal or entourage for tasks then you don't necessarily want a non-linked task list on the iPhone in Notes. I can hardly manage one task list, much less two separate task lists!

It should be part of the calendar on the iPhone just like it is part of iCal on the Mac. I hope Apple is listening...

W

winklebleck

I think there are a lot of features that will come with leopard. Mail will have notes and todos, originally I believe the iPhone and leopard where supposed to drop at the same time (or close to).

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
The Notes app works fine for me, on this one... it doesn't matter what date you type stuff in for, it stays on that page unless you manually move it forward, I found out. I added all the "host names" for all the wireless providers' MMS servers, to my Notes app. I added them in on the 4th, today I just checked it, and it's still on that page when I load the app. I love that hand-writing font, that's awesome. :)
It's a neat lil' app.

As for stuff I do on a regular basis, I use the Calendar for reminders.
:cool:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
My understanding is that the tasks from iCal are synced with the iPhone...so they must be on the iPhone somewhere. If you use iCal or entourage for tasks then you don't necessarily want a non-linked task list on the iPhone in Notes. I can hardly manage one task list, much less two separate task lists!

It should be part of the calendar on the iPhone just like it is part of iCal on the Mac. I hope Apple is listening...
I guess I just prefer it separate because I never fully grasped the task list in iCal. It seemed like it wanted me to have separate calendars for different categories and to-do-lists for each calendar.