Votes: 17 25.8%
  • the weekend

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • next week or later

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 15, 2008
i was thinking of when i should go get one... and i thought id see when everyong goes so idont look dumb

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'll be arriving at around 7:30 AM.

- John

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I'll be arriving at around 7:30 AM.

- John
630a for me. I just hope th cops don't think I'm trying to break in that early in the morning. No one is out of bed til atleast 9 in my small town

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I have to get in the car by at least 7:30 so I can spend 20 minutes or so scouting out the local AT&T stores. It's going to be tough to do, though, considering I'm going to a happy hour the night before.

H

Hayesimus

illl be waiting til either my V1 breaks or they come out with a 32 GB or V3.... which ever happens first...

TagsxA

Jun 26, 2008
I'll swing by my local Apple store around 6AM and see what the line's like. If there is one, then I'll probably park and wait. If there isn't one, I'll swing by at 7AM. I'm only 5 blocks away from the Apple store, so no worries.

I am going at 5am........

ONLY because I get off at work at 5am from my second job and if I do not go then, I will fall asleep and not get back up until later in the day. Last time, all the stores around me ran out by the end of the lines plus I met some good people last time.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I would get there that morning, but I had a last minute assignment out of the country, so I don't get back until the Wednesday of the week after. So I'll buy one then (if they haven't run out of stock).

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Well my V1 iPhone just crapped out on me so I have to get another phone and Apple said that it would cost $199 to replace my iPhone because I'm a week out of warranty so I will get one on Friday. I'll probably show up around 5 am.

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
i'll go around 12 or 1......if their sold out, w/e i'll get it later....i doubt it will sell out everywhere though and I don't want to ruin my sleep for a cell phone.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Planning to go to my local AT&T store around 6AM and hopefully in my small town that will be early enough. :)

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I will be waiting till I see information on how it performs. Honestly, the current phone is just fine. The only reason I would get a new one is that early reports (Engadget I think) stated that the early hands on determined that as a phone the 3G did far better then the current phone. If that holds true I will get a new one, if not I will not bother. My primary concern on this device is that as a phone it blow hard. You really would think the phone would be the first priority and all else second, it seems that was not the case.

I live in Salt Lake City in case anyone is wondering where I am and what coverage the area has. When they say the "fewest dropped calls" they were NOT in SLC when they tested that....

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
there are 4 AT&T locations within a 7 mile radius. i'll see which one has the shortest line around 6:30. i'll most likely choose the one i went to last year. only cause it's inside a mall. the others are outside. (it'll most likely be 90 degrees by 7. Gotta love living in Az)

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
My primary concern on this device is that as a phone it blow hard. You really would think the phone would be the first priority and all else second, it seems that was not the case.
Sadly, that hasn't been the case for many years. I blame the integration of the camera into phones, but maybe it goes back as far as color screens on phones. Ever since then, it's all been about the non-phone features of a phone, and the phone aspects have been neglected.

I have also heard the 3G has great sound and voice quality, so I, too, hope this is true.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going to drive by at around midnight to make sure no one else is there and if there isn't, I'll just come back at around 5 AM and just wait the 3 hours.

Haruk

Jul 7, 2008
I don't get it, what's the point of going there so early? you'll get it eventually that day even if its later that day, and youd probably be waiting there longer with the huge line when it first opens. and you already waited awhile why cant you wait like a couple more hours or days? i just don't get the point of getting there at like 6 am or whatever

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well for many people there is no guarantee that iPhones will be left over later in the day. Also, getting there early ensures that you are in and out in a timely fashion early in the morning freeing up the rest of your day to do other activities.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't get it, what's the point of going there so early? you'll get it eventually that day even if its later that day, and youd probably be waiting there longer with the huge line when it first opens. and you already waited awhile why cant you wait like a couple more hours or days? i just don't get the point of getting there at like 6 am or whatever
On the practical side, you get to walk out of the store faster. I hear activations will be somewhere in the ballpark of 15 minutes per! And depending where you live, some stores WILL run out.

On the not-so practical side, it's like waiting in line for the latest Star Wars movie; you can hang out with a small community of like-minded cell phone buyers.