When's the iPhone due for Australia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Hi,

Aussie guy here, i so can't wait for this phone to arrive in australia, does anyone know when it will be here, also heard a rumor that Apple is looking at making it 3G for Australia only. I'm assuming the US is still only 2G, anyone know about this.

TXCraig

Aug 11, 2007
I have not heard any word on AU but europe is scheduled for Sept / Oct time frame of this year.

I have read a lot about the entire 3G thing. There are some credible articles out there showing how using the current 3G chipset will cut the battery life of the iPhone in half. This is why the current version of the iPhone uses Edge.

3G is available in the US but its not everywhere. Europe is mostly all 3G but the iPhone there will not be 3G either... but who knows.

The edge network is usable for the iphone- so either way, I would not worry.

I have not heard any word on AU but europe is scheduled for Sept / Oct time frame of this year.

I have read a lot about the entire 3G thing. There are some credible articles out there showing how using the current 3G chipset will cut the battery life of the iPhone in half. This is why the current version of the iPhone uses Edge.

3G is available in the US but its not everywhere. Europe is mostly all 3G but the iPhone there will not be 3G either... but who knows.

The edge network is usable for the iphone- so either way, I would not worry.
Thanks heaps for the info.