Where are all the app updates?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I seem to remember when the 4 came out, app updates flowed steadily for weeks as developers rushed to support the Retina display. That was a pretty big paradigm shift going hi-rez. This time, I thought simply adding 176 lines in one direction was going to make it easy for developers to update their apps.

IMG_0294.PNG

So where the heck are all the app updates? Are devs leery of shifting focus to the new 4" screen with so many 3.5" users still out there?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
psylichon

I had over 100 updates in total since a little before IOS6 all the way up until yesterday. I'd have updates every day. One App, I remember, did two updates in two days and they'll need another because the second update rendered the App unusable. It just crashes when I open it.

You haven't had any updates at all?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
A few here and there, but I'm still waiting on a lot of my daily apps. I guess I just use weird stuff. I just don't remember it taking so long last time.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
One day you may get a flood of updates! LOL! Maybe most of your developers are still working on perfecting their updates. I would want them to get it right. Take a long as you need to. I wouldn't want them to rush. You get problems like I have with one of my Apps that was updated twice in two days and now it just doesn't work. NowI have to wait until they get feedback that it crashes upon opening and wait for them to create a fix for that. Meanwhile, I can't use the App.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
One thing to remember is how SLOW the App Store is at approving apps and updates... Minimum 7 days but usually longer...

I'm sure developers are working on updates and many have probably been submitted already but they have to wait on Apple to approve it before it goes live..

With as much money as Apple makes on the App store you'd figure they would hire more people to review and approve apps... 7-14 days is just a ridiculous wait time...

My .02

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Angry Birds was updated the other day. New levels, but no modification for iPhone 5.

Makes me fear developers may cater to the lowest common denominator of a 3.5" screen until the 5 takes off a bit more.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
One thing to remember is how SLOW the App Store is at approving apps and updates... Minimum 7 days but usually longer...

I'm sure developers are working on updates and many have probably been submitted already but they have to wait on Apple to approve it before it goes live..

With as much money as Apple makes on the App store you'd figure they would hire more people to review and approve apps... 7-14 days is just a ridiculous wait time...

My .02
I agree. It's quite possible the apps are on the ball and had everything submitted to Apple to approve. Possibly overloading them w/requests. Hopefully, they'll be a turnaround and we will start seeing more roll in.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I agree. It's quite possible the apps are on the ball and had everything submitted to Apple to approve. Possibly overloading them w/requests. Hopefully, they'll be a turnaround and we will start seeing more roll in.
I saw a Tweetbot for Mac post where the dev said approval time is currently at 21+ days... Now that is just pathetic...

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I downloaded the new bad piggies today and that is not supported for the 4 inch screen. Even though its brand new.
Same with a new update for SlingPlayer. Finally an update, and it does not support the 4" screen. However, I have had over 100 updates so far. So, things are not at a dead standstill.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Maybe they are all trying to figure out how to make their apps look good in a strangely long and skinny format? Just saying. :whistle: