Where are all the features?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Leopard is out. So where are all those new features that were to be released when Leopard hit? I feel that Apple is done with this phone, and all those features we have been craving for, will only show up on the next phone. What are your thoughts?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Leopard is out. So where are all those new features that were to be released when Leopard hit? I feel that Apple is done with this phone, and all those features we have been craving for, will only show up on the next phone. What are your thoughts?
Not expecting anything big here, until '08 rolls around. I believe we'll start seeing more things in the first part of the new year...

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I think you're a whiner.

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
The only real feature I'm missing and was hoping to see introduced is some form of Notes sync. I was hoping that if this was made available with Leopard, that Apple would also make it available with Outlook. Right now I'm using Google Documents but that doesn't provide for updating on the iPhone. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the iPhone (especially now that I've been able to reinstall Summerboard and the Books app).

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I think we will see all of the features soon in a big update.

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I don't expect much more from Apple. I do expect some interesting, though probably not free, third party apps and games once the SDK is released.

My only disappointment with the iPhone is the ringtones. I wanted to use the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme and some sound effects. The theme is on iTunes but there is no ringtone option for it. In fact, I very rarely see the ringtones icon on any of the music I browse. This is a minor disappointment since ringtones are a toy at best.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I say we get nothing until end of year, perhaps even into next year. The only thing I think that would be a good push for them would be true MS Exchange support. Especially before the holidays.