Where are all the good installer apps?

DropGems

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I can't find anything good on installer.app and the ones that I did download don't even work. Where's the video recorder, guitar and piano and all that good stuff from before? Does it totally suck now or am I just not doing something right?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've had much better luck using Cydia. I've tried getting a few things from Installer and encountered nothing but issues.

DropGems

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've had much better luck using Cydia. I've tried getting a few things from Installer and encountered nothing but issues.
What's Cydia? Can I have a link or something please? Installer.app used to be great but now I can't find anything on there. Did the devs take all their apps down once the app store came out?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you by chance still on 1.1.4? If so, you're not going to find much new coming out for you, because all jailbreak developers that haven't jumped to the Appstore are releasing things on Cydia for 2.x now. You'll get Cydia once you update to 2.1 and jailbreak it. You'll get installer, too, but it's changed a lot and is barely supported anymore. Cydia is where the majority of developers are distributing their stuff now.

Time to update!