Where are my apps?

janzy

Jun 24, 2009
I am new to the jailbreaking thing.
I just did a jailbreak to my 3g running 3.0 and i got that accomplished, but many of my apps say they are loading when I sync the phone with iTunes, but they are nowhere to be found on the phone. They are listed in iTunes.
I'm running a Mac.
The one app I would really like is Sygic or Navigon.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Try using spotlight to locate the app and run it.

I've been having this problem too: an installed app fails to show it's icon.

Did you restore or just update?

IMHO it's always best to restore - jailbreak - unlock and then restore from backup rather than just update the firmware.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iTunes > Applications tab > Check the Sync applications box > Make sure all applications is checked.

If that doesn't work, just download them again from the phone, it will not charge you again (as long as you are using the same iTunes account), although initially iTunes makes it seem like it is going to.

janzy

Jun 24, 2009
I had all my apps on my 3G phone and upgraded because of 3.1.2, which my phone is now running.
I used blackSn0w for that, I had pwnage installed also.
All my "so called downloaded apps (tomtom, navigon etc) are on the apps page on iTunes, but will not load onto my phone.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Search for one of them in spotlight and if it's there then look in sbsettings > more > hide icons to see if they are hidden.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Also, make sure you haven't downloaded cracked apps. Sounds to me they could be cracked apps

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yes, and if they are cracked applications (.IPA files you downloaded from sites like xxxxxx) then you need to install xxxxxxxx from Cydia and sync again. Also in xxxxxxxxxx > Settings > make sure iTunes Sync (or w.e it is called) is checked.

janzy

Jun 24, 2009
Finally got them loaded.
Thanks

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Where were they? How did you get them loaded? Someone else may need to read of your success.:eek:k:eek:k

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Yes, and if they are cracked applications (.IPA files you downloaded from sites like xxxxxx) then you need to install xxxxxx from Cydia and sync again. Also in xxxxxxxxxx > Settings > make sure iTunes Sync (or w.e it is called) is checked.
Even though it is against the rules to talk about in this forum, is that safe to do? Save them to iTunes? Can they trace those apps from, eh hem, you know?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
How does xxxxxxx work. I installed it but don't see anything.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Krunk, it cant be discussed. Sorry. Google it and its very well explained. However, I would advise you (if your going to use it) to use it to test apps and if you like them buy them, don't just rip them off ;)

Also, as its not officially allowed to be discussed, I cant really let you know if its safe or not, but many people use it. Unfortunately.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Discussion of 'Cracked' apps is strictly prohibited.

I personally don't think it's wrong to explain thing's like xxxxxxx though, as it's just a way of syncing apps to your phone using iTunes as the middle man.

If you require more information about 'Cracked' Apps then perform a search through Google. Just don't do it on here as it will only annoy the mods.